Pro Wrestling Only

[1985-11-25-WWF-MSG, NY] Terry Funk vs Mr Wrestling II

Superstar Sleeze

Terry Funk vs Mr. Wrestling II - WWF, MSG 11/25/85

There are two thing I love in professional wrestling and that is a damn good knee lift and a booty-shakin' babyface. Needless to say, I love this match and I love Mr. Wrestling II. Terry Funk gave even more of this match to Mr. Wrestling II. He was working like Randy Savage circa 1997, which one my all-time favorite heel acts. He expanded his terrorization of ringsiders from just Mel Phillips (who Jimmy Hart TACKLED!) TO Howard Finkel and a hapless photographer. When he tried to bully the ref, he shoved back to a huge pop! Hmmmmmmmmm...when it works it works! The whole story of this match was that Terry Funk was a very frustrated man. Wrestling II was floating like a butterfly avoiding him and booty-shaking at every turn and then he would sting him like a bee with that knee lift (there was a huge one on the apron with a great Funk sell). I like that way of working a clear main event (Funk was going on the loop with Hogan) against a vet babyface. Let me him frustrate the heel get in some entertaining spots but when it gets down to business the cheating heel will come out on top. Funk rammed him into the railing and applied sleeper, which would have been the perfect set up for branding, but II fought out. Two did get a nice little rally late into the match, but ran into a hard knee for the finish. Very entertaining match again from Funk and probably the last good match of Mr. Wrestling II's career Hell that might have been his last match. A great one to go out on! ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1985-11-25-WWF-MSG, NY] Terry Funk vs Mr Wrestling II