Pro Wrestling Only

Current AAA and CMLL TV / PPV's - Where To Find?

Smack2k

CMLL is on Claro Sports on Fridays on the Claro Sports website live but sometimes they region block viewers outside of Mexico. They also live stream their Monday shows from Puebla on their YouTube channel and archive them for people to watch later. They did it for the Anniversary show which was bad cause it was supposed to be an iPPV and they used a unlisted YouTube live stream which got out to a lot of people.

https://m.youtube.com/user/VideosOficialesCMLL

With AAA, Cubsfan uploads the matches but sometimes I wait for AAA to upload them on their YouTube channel for HD Quality but that can take months sometimes.

TV shows

AAA is the easy one. They have one TV show (sometimes called Sin Limite). It's an 80 minute (+ commercials) show that airs on one of Televisa's cable sports stations (UTDN) on Thursday. A 60 minute version airs on a normal over the air Televisa station the Saturday prior; that's the one I post. The missing 20 minutes is usually filler, but can be an extra match some weeks. AAA used to post the 80 minute version on their YouTube page, stopped, caught all the way up, and then stopped again.

CMLL's TV situation is always changing. This is probably wrong info if you're reading this three months from now.

CMLL right now has 3 TV tapings. The main show, the closest thing CMLL has to an "A" show, is called "Lucha Azteca" and airs on the Azteca network in the US on Saturday afternoons. (This show does not air in Mexico.) All CMLL shows are one hour and follow the same pattern: they'll air the semimain and main event, and maybe a preliminary match depending on the week. All matches are edited for time - the prelim match is usually hacked to pieces - and the matches for this show are live on the clarosports.com live internet stream mentioned above. (There is no VOD, it's live only.) The matches air on this show 15 days after they take place.

CMLL also airs "Guerreros del Ring" on obscure cable channel 52MX on Saturday afternoons. Almost no one in Mexico gets this channel, but Comcast offers a US version of it in some areas as part of it's Latino package of channels. This currently airs matches from Arena Puebla, 12 days after they happen. All the Arena Puebla shows are also airing live on CMLL's free YouTube channel and are archived after the fact, so there's currently no reason to watch this show unless you really hate dealing with YouTube.

CMLL's third TV show is "Titanes en el Ring" on obscure cable channel ClaroSports on Saturday afternoons. Almost no one in Mexico gets this channel and this channel isn't carried in the US. However, the same show will air (with different bumpers/graphics/name) in the US on the LATV network as generic "CMLL". The show airs Sunday nights. It's listed as two hours, but it's only one new hour - the first hour is always a repeat of last week's new hour. The only difference is the ClaroSports show airs a new episode every week while LATV either doesn't get all the tapes or doesn't care and episodes will be skipped sometimes. This show, whatever you want to call it, now airs matches from the Tuesday Arena Mexico show. I do not get either network, but Alfredo of LuchaWorld does get LATV and posts matches from that show on his YouTube channel.

I know there's also something called Fighting Spirit Wrestling on an extreme sports channel in the UK, where someone's brought the rights to CMLL, AAA & NJPW and is combining matches from different promotions on one show. (This replaces the CMLL/NJPW combo show that airs/aired in Canada.) I'm not sure AAA or CMLL know this exists.

PPV

AAA has four big shows a year, plus a fifth that has gone on/off the schedule and added a sixth special attraction show this year. Those shows have been offered as iPPVs for the last year or so, always on the same site. You get VOD until they take it down to start pushing the next show. AAA does PPV in Mexico for most of those big shows. Their plan was to expand to US PPVs this year, but their first one (TripleMania) was a complete production/creative failure and all plans were put on hold. They may be back on US PPV next year.

CMLL has not done conventional PPVs in years; even during the last boom, it wasn't something they were doing much. They're experimenting with iPPVs - the first one was a disaster in a totally different way than the AAA disaster, but they didn't give up on the concept yet. It's not clear how many or how often they'll be doing them.

Myself and others have suggested to CMLL to try offering their content as a subscription service instead of pay per event and I think they've considered it, but I'm not sure if it'll happen or what form it would take or what content would be included.