Pro Wrestling Only

[1987-03-07-WWF-Boston, MA] Hart Foundation vs Jacques & Raymond Rougeau

Superstar Sleeze

WWF World Tag Team Champions Hart Foundation vs Rougeau Brothers - WWF, Boston 3/7/87

The Hart Foundation are fresh off the screwjob of the Bulldogs so this match will at least have heat. I would say this maybe the best Hart Foundation match ever. We start off with a little Rougeau bullshit to get everyone revved up and Bret is at his slimy best. I really this is a great performance from him. He heels it up to 11 with the combination of "Look at me, Mom!" and cowardice. He milks a Rougeau slap for all its worth. Even the Anvil takes a nice bump for Raymond. They work over Bret's leg in an entertaining fashion, before they trap Raymond in the heel corner. The Harts worked this segment well varying Anvil's power with Bret's smarm and general douchebaggery. Raymond times his hope spots (backslide, sunset flip) well and Jacques was an excellent cheerleader. Once Jacques gets the hot tag, this place goes nuts! Some general fun like whipping the Harts into each other and such. Jacques, I believe, had Bret small packaged, but that Dastardly Danny Davis reversed it behind the ref's back.

I know there are a lot of people down on Bret's tag work, but I think this is a pretty good display of the Hart Foundation as an effective heel team in garnering heat until the place exploded for the freaking Rougeaus, who have sucked out loud as babyfaces. This is the same crowd that was chanting "Boring" at the Rougeaus nary three months early. Rougeaus were never ever presented as an elite team, but they wrestled huge in this match and the Hart Foundation made them look great. Finally, the WWF missed striking alliteration gold and truing Danny Davis into the next elite heel for the Hulk Machine if they just called him "Dastardly" Danny Davis. ***3/4

• GSR changed the title to [1987-03-07-WWF-Boston, MA] Hart Foundation vs Jacques & Raymond Rougeau