Pro Wrestling Only

[2007-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom] Shinsuke Nakamura vs Toshiaki Kawada

cactus

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2wtkvd_6-shinsuke-nakamura-vs-toshiaki-kawada_sport

The mat-work here is fantastic. It shows a struggle, but it's accessible enough that someone who isn't a fan of shoot style would still enjoy themselves. Kawada is a lot more reserved than he usually is, but all that changes when Nakamura refuses to break an armbar when Kawada gets to the ropes. After this, Kawada finally starts bringing the hate and both guys take some stiff shots and suplexes. Even as Kawada was ending the near of his career, he was still one of the best at selling. His facial expressions were on point. It's a shame the no-selling headdrop spots come off as a tad silly, but you're still getting Nakamura vs Kawada, so you can't really complain, can you?

• 2 years later...

Yeah Im right there with you. I really enjoyed this and Nakamura was fighting it out until the final blow was just too much. I liked how Kawada was very methodical and reserved at the top but then he just snaps when Nakamura holds on to the arm after the rope break. They really had me sucked in thinking Kawada might tap a few times, and I liked a lot of the counters. Im glad this match is out there. No complaints from me! ****

• GSR changed the title to [2007-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom] Shinsuke Nakamura vs Toshiaki Kawada