Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Judy Bagwell

The Taskmaster and his Dungeon of shite

Didnt they pretty much drop the horror/supernatural elements near the end of their run? I remember when Big Bubba joined and was wearing biker clothes, and you also had Konnan in his gang outfit, a far cry from the yetis or sharks or zodiacs and such.

Yeah, but they also had Buddy Lee Parker running around as a rabid leprechaun in the same time period.

I didn't watch WCW at the time but I was watching Allan Blackstock's awesome "Introducing: Meng" playlist on youtube the other night (seriously, Allan, give yourself a massive pat on the back, your playlists RULE!) and I realized how strange it seemed to have Meng be part of such a cartoonish bunch of villains... being a real life eater of souls with a legit reputation just seemed to jar horribly against the other characters in there, but hey, that's hindsight.

I think not having been subjected to them week in week out when I was younger helps me to be able to classify the DOD as so preposterously ridiculous that I kind of enjoy them in patches here and there now... I mean, I do have a penchant for really, really crap stuff and it can be really fun to dip into for a laugh now and again in 2016, but yeah, not sure I'd have the same opinion had I been a long time fan being subjected to that shite every week on Nitro!

I didn't watch WCW at the time but I was watching Allan Blackstock's awesome "Introducing: Meng" playlist on youtube the other night (seriously, Allan, give yourself a massive pat on the back, your playlists RULE!) and I realized how strange it seemed to have Meng be part of such a cartoonish bunch of villains... being a real life eater of souls with a legit reputation just seemed to jar horribly against the other characters in there, but hey, that's hindsight.

I think not having been subjected to them week in week out when I was younger helps me to be able to classify the DOD as so preposterously ridiculous that I kind of enjoy them in patches here and there now... I mean, I do have a penchant for really, really crap stuff and it can be really fun to dip into for a laugh now and again in 2016, but yeah, not sure I'd have the same opinion had I been a long time fan being subjected to that shite every week on Nitro!

Just seen this, thanks Mr. Canal! More playlists are always added; check out www.tinyurl.com/playlistwrestling