Pro Wrestling Only

[1978-12-22-Houston Wrestling] Tiger Conway Jr vs Mark Lewin

shoe

It's official I'm sold on Conway Jr. as a babyface. We got to see his skills on display. We see his selling, and his fire. Lewin is wearing thin on me at this point. The fact Funk had a 4 3/4* match with the guy truly is a miracle. I want more Tiger Conway Jr. The Lewin nerve hold was so brutal here. Conway at least made it interesting.

I have to agree with this. I've tried to watch my fair share of Lewin over the last two years (including the clips of his stuff in Australia), and I just can't get into him. In Australia, he literally does the same spots in the same sequences over and over again. He's better in tags where people can hide his weaknesses. The Funk match on NWAClassics is the best I've ever seen of him, and that is mostly Terry Funk making him look good. I read Dusty's book last year and he said he was the best Babyface he has ever seen, but I'm highly skeptical.

Tiger Conway Jr. is definitely a shining star on NWAClassics. Not as bright as Gino or Butch Reed, but a very good worker for that time period.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1978-12-22-Houston Wrestling] Tiger Conway Jr vs Mark Lewin