Pro Wrestling Only

Mid South Wrestling on Tour Apr. 1984

LowBlowPodcast

4/4/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Fort Worth Texas – Will Rogers Memorial Center

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you on its Fox Affiliates throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Action is coming to you tonight from the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas.

-MSW opens this week with footage from Wahoo McDaniel’s injury this past week in Houston. We see Rick Rude open up his eye and we even get the big X to cover over some of the blood from the graphic footage… we then cut to the final moments of the BRAWL FOR IT ALL when every title was on the line. We see the interference of Adrian Adonis and then the subsequent pinfall leading to Blanchard and Hernandez winning all the titles. We open to the arena and we cut to Jim Ross and Bill Watts

Jim Ross: Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling. I am Jim Ross alongside Cowboy Bill Watts. Bill, we are just days away from the biggest two night event in the history of this sport. The Paul Boesch $200,000 invitational!

Bill Watts: That’s right Jim, this is going to be an event that is going to change the lives of these guys.

Jim Ross: Fans we are going to have some big news regarding that event after our first match. We know that Wahoo McDaniel is out of the tournament with a severely injured eye and we heard that Mr. Wrestling II is going to take his place! Let’s go to the ring…

Magnum TA & Wrestling II vs King Kong Bundy & Rick Rude w/ Jimmy Hart

-What a way to kick things off as the crowd is going nuts right now. Rude and Bundy are reveling in the injury they did on Wahoo McDaniel as Rude has a shirt that says “Legend Killer” on the front and on the back it says “Wahoo McDaniel” & “Superstar Billy Graham.” Ross is putting it through the roof as we see Magnum and Wrestling II come out and here we go. This one is a quick 8-minute match with some serious heat. Magnum does a lot of the work but his emotions are getting the best of him! Rude and Bundy are really working well as a team here tonight. The big moment happens when they double up on Magnum leading to him fighting back and then going for the big tag but Wrestling II drops down and walks away from him! The crowd can’t believe it as Magnum is looking at him and here comes Bundy with an AVALANCHE! He comes again with another AVALANCHE! He goes down as Bundy pins him for the 1…2…3!

-The match is over but the fight isn’t as Bundy and Rude are beating down on Magnum something fierce. They are wearing him down and Magnum is busted open. The crowd then EXPLODES when BARRY WINDHAM runs out of the back with a steel chair and he CRACKS Bundy in the back of the head sending him out of the ring to the floor! Rude escapes as well as we go to commercial with carnage in the ring.

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Watts and Ross putting over what happened to Magnum just a moment ago. He is a bloody mess and he is screaming that he wants Rude and Bundy right now! Barry Windham calms him down as they announce that they will be teaming together in the tournament. They walk off to a round of applause from the crowd as they are definitely going to be favorites to move forward. Bill Watts then announces how Ricky Steamboat will be DEFENDING the World Championship against Ric Flair as he won the title just days ago at a Mid Atlantic show. They put over Steamboat as a true champion’s champion. He is going to have his work cut out against Flair this week. They turn their attention to the tournament and talk about how Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard swapped seeds with the Fantastics upon winning the titles. They will be a 5 seed while the Fantastics move down to the first round and will have to take on the Zumbie Express. They talk about the night being historic and we will see the champions later on this evening… we cut to the ring for our first contest…

S.D. Jones vs The Executioner

-A good showcase for the Executioner who is back in action. He makes easy work of SD Jones who does his best to put up a fight but nothing doing. We see a bear hug fall into a nasty slam but then we see Lord Humungous walking out to the ring! He and the Executioner are partners but they are fighting right here in the middle of the ring! Ross and Watts have no clue how these two are going to work together!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Ross and Watts putting over the big Russian vs American feud. Watts runs Ivan Koloff into the ground and they talk about how they separated Jim Duggan’s elbow last week here on MSW and they aren’t sure when he will return! We head to the ring for this huge contest!

Mike Rotundo vs Ivan Koloff

-Early on, we see the referees pull Williams and Kruschev who are forced to the back. Inside the ring, we see a great contest with two consignment pros. Koloff has got the crowd eating out of the palm of his hands. He works over Rotundo with some nasty shots as he is stiff as a piece of steel and Rotundo sells like he’s losing his life. Koloff is looking to finish but it is Rotundo who fights back with the passion of 1,000 fires! Rotundo has got Koloff reeling and the fans are going wild. Rotundo then with a huge flying clothesline and he takes Koloff out of the ring to the floor! These guys are continuing to fight as PeeWee Anderson counts to 10 for a double count out. These guys continue to fight as the referees come out to break things up. A wild battle in what has been a wild war that continues to wage on.

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Ross and Watts really putting over this Russian vs American issue. They talk about Koloff and Kruschev taking on Williams and Rotundo this Friday night in Houston in the tournament and then the return of Hacksaw Duggan next week here on MSW to give an update on his health. They talk about naming a number one contender for the Television Championship next week when Magnum TA takes on Rick Rude! They talk about the return of Adonis and Murdoch who want their shot at the tag team titles as we head to the ring!

Brady Boone & Omar Atlas vs Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch

-A great showcase for one of the top teams in the world. Adonis and Murdoch. They are just on point and finish off Boone and Atlas with a tag team Brainbuster for the 1…2…3! They walk over the booth and talk about the tournament this weekend in Houston and say they are the real number one team and they will show it. They say the Fantastics are on their radar. They say Blanchard & Hernandez are on their radar. They say the Guerreros are on their radar. They want gold and they are going to GET IT!!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Ross and Watts putting over the tournament one last time but then we see Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard. They are decked to the 9s with tuxedos and gold. Gino has both the TV and tag team title on. Gino has the North American and tag title on. They get into the ring and really put over their accomplishments. They talk about their dominance and how they single handedly changed Mid South Wrestling for the better. They say they will do the exact same thing this weekend in Houston and this celebration will pale in comparison to the $200,000 celebration they will hold next week. The crowd then pops as the Fantastics come out. Blanchard and Gino back off for a moment as the Fantastics get in the ring but closely behind them are Adonis and Murdoch and WE’VE GOT A FIGHT! It is a 4 on 2 brawl here but out runs Magnum TA and Barry Windham! Here comes Bundy and Rude! Rotundo and Williams! We’ve got all 12 men going wild inside that ring! Ross and Watts put over the tournament in Houston this week… it is going to be history in the making… DON’T MISS IT!

4/11/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – Civic Center

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you on its Fox Affiliates throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Action is coming to you tonight from the Civic Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

-MSW opens this week with footage from the $200,00 Tag Team Tournament this past weekend in Houston, Texas. We see some of the highlights but the focus is on the main event and the finals as we saw Magnum TA and Barry Windham defeated Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard to win the invitational tournament and the $200,000!! We cut to Jim Ross and Bill Watts who are standing by!

Jim Ross: Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling! I am Jim Ross alongside Cowboy Bill Watts and Bill we are just days removed from that huge two day event in Houston in which Magnum TA and Barry Windham won $200,000!

Bill Watts: Lemme tell you something right now, two double tough men fought all the way to the finals and won it brother. They deserved every cent they got!

Jim Ross: Fans we know that Gino and Tully will be here tonight but the big one we have on tap for you this evening is a one on one contest with the winner getting a chance at the television title next week, we are going to see Magnum TA take on… wait just a moment!

-We then see Bobby Heenan walk out and he isn’t alone! Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy, Adrian Adonis, and Dick Murdoch join Heenan as he walks up to Jim Ross!

Jim Ross: Bobby Heenan, what in the world are you doing out here?

Bobby Heenan: Let me make one thing perfectly clear to you and all these humanoids out here right now. Over the weekend we saw a lot of money change hands. You saw Magnum TA and Barry Windham make $200,000! That’s chump change to me Ross… I purchased the contracts of Rick Rude and King Kong Bundy. I have bought the contracts of these two men… they are the best tag team in the world regardless of your handpicked winners of that tournament. I have come here for one purpose Jim Ross… Bill Watts… you better listen to it as well… we came here for titles. I have a lot of respect for Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard but gentlemen… I get paid based off the gold I bring to my men. Tonight I have got Rick Rude taking on Magnum TA and once he wins that match, he is going to cash in and get his hands on that television title. Adonis and Murdoch are taking on the Fantastics this Friday night in San Antonio and I am told that the winners will get their chance at the titles… and right here… I’ve got the crown jewel. This is King Kong Bundy. He weighs over 400 pounds and is the most dominant man in the sport of professional wrestling. On Friday night in San Antonio, he is one of four men who are going to get a chance to face the North American Champion in 2 weeks. Mark my words boys… these are the champions and we are coming for the titles!

-Ross and Watts can’t believe what they’ve just seen! Bobby Heenan is here and he has got his Family with him. We head to the ring for the first contest of the evening!

Jim Brunzell & Brian Blair vs Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch w/ Bobby Heenan

-A great showcase for Adonis and Murdoch who get about 5 good minutes out of Blair and Brunzell. Watts puts over Blair and Brunzell as young up and comers but tonight they are outmatched. We see Adonis and Murdoch go dirty and hit the tandem brainbuster for the 1…2….3! They work the crowd and make the signal for the gold! How will the champions feel about this challenge?

*COMMERCIAL*

­-MSW with the Fantastics joining Jim Ross and Bill Watts. They put over their issues with Gino and Tully along with Adonis and Murdoch. They talk about the tournament and say they would love to get a shot at the Guerreros and the world tag titles but they want their Mid South titles back first. They put over the showdown this Friday night in San Antonio against Adonis and Murdoch! Ross and Watts then turn their tide to the big one night stand tournament this Friday night in which Jim Duggan will take on Mr. Wrestling II and King Kong Bundy will take on the man in action right now… Don Muraco!

Don Muraco vs Barry Horowitz

-A nice showcase for Muraco who has been gaining a lot of steam heading into his showdown with Bundy this week in San Antonio. We see him handle Horowitz with ease here tonight and finishes him with the big tombstone piledriver for the 1….2…3! Muraco works the crowd and he is going to need something special to come out on top this Friday night!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Watts and Ross putting over the big tournament this Friday night in Houston. We see Wrestling II come out and put himself over. He says he is getting back in his prime and he’s going to show Duggan a thing or two… but here comes Hacksaw Duggan! Rotundo and Williams join him as he comes out to put over his injury and announce that he will be in San Antonio for the one night stand tournament and he’s coming for a fight. Wrestling II backs off. He puts over the All-Americans and talks about the feud with the Russians. He says it is going to have to come to an end and it is not going to be a Cold War but a Bloody War! Kruschev and Koloff are in action right now!

The Invaders vs Krusher Kruschev & Ivan Koloff

-The Russians are out and they look incredible tonight. Kruschev and Koloff and definitely working in unison and they show off their skills. We see Koloff bear hug Invader one and then drop down as Kruschev runs with a big RUSSIAN SICKLE for the 1…2….3! They work the crowd but Koloff gets on the microphone!

Ivan Koloff: Everyone has tried to hold us down. Everyone has tried to stop us. Bill Watts… you are the worst offender of them all. We are here to tell you right now that we will go nowhere. We will continue to fight for our freedom and equality. You always play the numbers game… but next week… the numbers even up. The Russian Nightmare will be revealed and we will have you all understand why Russia is number 1!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Watts and Ross putting over what Ivan Koloff said. They wonder who this Russian Nightmare is and what that means for Mid South. They talk about the number one contender match coming up but here comes Tully and Gino! They are covered in gold as they put over how the $200,00 isn’t enough to make them blink. They put over the titles and say that all these challengers are chumps while they are champs. They want to see just who is going to walk out as the contenders over the next week. Watts talks about Gino defending the TV title next week against the winner and the special enforcer for the match is going to be TED DIBIASE! Gino and Tully are irate as they walk off… they aren’t even going to stay for the number one contenders match here tonight!

Television Championship Number One Contender Match

Magnum TA vs Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan

-They give these two guys some time and they seem primed for one another. Rude and Heenan are in their very early stages of working with one another but you can tell there is something to be had from their relationship. Magnum TA is primed tonight though as these guys go about 14-minutes and almost close out the show. Magnum is all alone out here as Heenan brings out the troops. Here comes Bundy, Adonis, and Murdoch as they surround the ring. Magnum is able to work over Rude but once things start to really go his way, here comes the Family… wait a moment… here comes the Fantastics! Fulton and Rogers pull down Adonis and Murdoch and start to throw hands! Bundy grabs Magnum as Rude runs with a high knee but he nails Bundy instead and he goes flying! Rude turns around to a BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX for the 1….2…3! MAGNUM TA IS THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER FOR THE TV TITLE! He will face Gino Hernandez next week!

Awesome debut for Bobby Heenan ... April is clearly going to be an exciting month for Mid-South.

It would be quite weird to see him in the Mid South during this time. I am going to try and keep him edgy enough but the comedy was his draw. I just don't know if I would use it as much with the atmosphere I have created in the Territory.

I agree with both you and Rain. Heenan,in the current Mid-South, may have trouble being completely himself but he was so good at just using his Family to bully the rest of the promotion and he has a great stable here in Mid-South.

Love Ivan Koloff here and how he wants his "freedom." Koloff was so good at being hated he keeps making me think I need Russians in USWA but maybe he is so good because he is Ivan and I am just trying to copy him with any Canadian who can do a Russian accent. Anyway.... love Koloff, love the Family and I am very interested to see how this Mr. Wrestling II thing ends.

TA is a force to be reckon with and I am interested to see if he can deal with Gino and Tully. Love what you are doing in Mid-South but still wondering if DiBiase and JYD make a big return.

4/12/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Muskogee, Oklahoma – Civic Center

The Barbarian & Samu defeated Los Conquistadors

The Fabulous Moolah won a women’s battle royal by last defeated Medusa

The Fantastics defeated The Russians

Magnum TA defeated Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan

MID SOUTH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino Hernandez © defeated Ivan Putski

Hacksaw Duggan, Mike Rotundo, & Steve Williams defeated King Kong Bundy, Adrian Adonis, & Dick Murdoch w/ Bobby Heenan

MID SOUTH NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Tully Blanchard © defeated Don Muraco

4/13/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – San Antonio, Texas – HemisFair Arena

Steve Williams defeated Krusher Kruschev

Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Norvell Austin

ONE NIGHT STAND TOURNAMENT

Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeated Mr. Wrestling II

King Kong Bundy defeated Don Muraco

Adonis & Murdoch w/ Bobby Heenan defeated The Fantastics

Ivan Koloff defeated Mike Rotundo

Gino Hernandez © defeated Ivan Putski

ONE NIGHT FINALS

Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeated King Kong Bundy by using the 2x4 after Bobby Heenan got involved!

MAIN EVENT

Tully Blanchard defeated Magnum TA with help from Gino Hernandez!

4/14//1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Lafayette, Louisiana - Canjundome

Steve Williams defeated Krusher Kruschev

The Fabulous Moolah won a women’s battle royal by last defeated Medusa

Ivan Koloff defeated Mike Rotundo

Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated S.D. Jones

Hacksaw Duggan & The Fantastics defeated King Kong Bundy, Adrian Adonis, & Dick Murdoch w/ Bobby Heenan

MID SOUTH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard © defeated Magnum TA & Mr. Wrestling II when Wrestling II turned on Magnum TA!

4/18/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live –New Orleans, Louisiana - Lakefront Arena

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you on its Fox Affiliates throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Action is coming to you tonight from the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana.

-MSW opens this week to a very ruckus crowd who is ready for our opening contest. In the ring we see Gino Hernandez holding the television title high in the air. We then hear the music of Magnum TA who comes out to a great ovation. He comes to the ring and works the fans while Jim Ross puts over the contest; Bill Watts then butts in with the special guest ring enforcer… TED DIBIASE! The television title is on the line right now as we head to the ring!

SPECIAL ENFORCER – TED DIBIASE

Magnum TA vs Gino Hernandez ©

-What a way to kick things off here this evening as the crowd is white hot hear in New Orleans tonight. Inside the ring, we see a great 17-minute affair. Jim Ross puts over how these matches only have a 20-minute time limit and Gino can use that to his advantage, as we get close in the final moments of the contest. Gino takes control of the contest throughout and keeps Magnum from getting too much momentum early on. At one point Magnum fires up in a big way and the Rick Rude runs out but Dibiase is there. He threatens Rude who doesn’t back down. Rude points at his shirt and asks Dibiase if he wants to be on the list…but Dibiase pulls back his fist. The problem is that on the other side of the ring, Tully Blanchard has run out and he just NAILS Magnum TA in the back with his North American title! TA goes down as Dibiase runs over and chases him off to the back! Inside the ring, Gino Hernandez is looking to finish up as he picks up Magnum for a big PILEDRIVER! He doesn’t go for the pin though… he goes up the ropes and works the crowd and then he falls backwards with an elbow drop but Magnum moves! Gino has busted his elbow and he’s in a bad way! He is holding on tight as Magnum is struggling to get to his feet. We have 3-minutes remaining as Boyd Pierce is heard throughout the arena. Gino swings wildly and Magnum ducks and then an Atomic Drop sending Gino to the ropes and Magnum grabs him for a BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX! OH MY! 1…..2…..3!!!! WE HAVE A NEW TELEVISION CHAMPION! MAGNUM TA HAS WON THE TITLE! The crowd is going nuts right now as Fulton and Rogers run out and join him. We see Magnum hold the title high in the air as Watts and Ross are going nuts on commentary. Gino Hernandez rolls out of the ring and looks for aide but there is none to be found!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Watts and Ross putting Magnum TA through the roof. They talk about his title win and what this means to Mid South. We see the Fantastics getting ready in the ring but before we go there, Bobby Heenan is back out here and he has got his Family with him!

Jim Ross: Now… Mr. Heenan… what are you doing out here?

Bobby Heenan: Don’t you give me any lip Ross… I have had it up to hear already tonight. Rick Rude should have been the one in that title match, not Magnum TA. You wanna talk travesty… that idiot Hacksaw Duggan used the 2x4 and beat Bundy and now he gets a shot at Tully Blanchard… What do you make of this Watts?

Bill Watts: Don’t you think he needed that equalizer after you got involved Heenan?

Bobby Heenan: Listen here pal, this is my investment and it is coming together two fold! You keep trying to stop it but the momentum is too much. It was too much for those schalooms in the ring. They had their fun in Houston but they couldn’t get in done this week in San Antonio. Now… if that doesn’t scream title shot, I don’t know what does…

Bill Watts: Well consider it like the NBA finals… it’s a best of five thing because I know these teams have gone round vs round before. So let’s say you won game one… This week in Houston it will be game two… then next week in San Antonio… we are going to finish it off with a 2/3 Falls Match and the winners get a shot the following week on MSW on the May 2nd edition for the Mid South Tag Titles!

Bobby Heenan: You’ve got to be kidding me. The deck is stacked again… but this time we hold the cards…

-Heenan and company walk off to a chorus of boos as we head into the ring for action…

The Fantastics vs The Raiders

-A great showcase here for Fulton and Rogers against Raiders 1 & 2. This is a hard fought, faced paced contest with both teams flying around. We see a nasty head scissors takedown from Fulton onto #1 which sets up a great double dropkick on #2 and then the Rocket Launcher for the 1….2…3! Fulton and Rogers join Jim Ross and put over the match and says they are looking forward to the big series with Adonis and Murdoch and just like Magnum TA, they will do whatever it takes to get their titles back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Jim Ross and Bill Watts putting over the night and the big North American title match coming up in San Antonio next week. They talk about a big main event this week with Magnum TA and Jim Duggan taking on Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard. This bring out Gino and Tully who are irate over the tv title situation. They are screaming up a storm and going nuts. Gino says he was robbed and that Magnum TA is a thief in the night and should be arrested! Tully says there is no way that is going to happen to him but that draws out Jim Duggan and his 2x4. Duggan chases off Gino and Tully with the 2x4 and tells Tully his time is coming and he’s getting the title! The crowd is white hot for this one as they head to the ring for action…

Dominic DeNucci vs Mr. Wrestling II

-A good showcase for Wrestling II who is looking tender in the ring but has enough in the tank to make quick work of DeNucci. We see a double underhook suplex for the finish as Ross and Watts put over how he has moved away from the flying knee due to injuries. He ges the 1…2…3 and then walks over to Ross and Watts…

-Wrestling II joins them as they ask him about what happened this past weekend in the Canjundome… Wrestling II grabs the microphone…

Mr. Wrestling II: Let me make one thing perfectly clear right now. It was ME who started Magnum TA in this business! It was me who taught Magnum TA everything he knows! Right now he is in the back holding that title and celebrating. He is in the back holding MY TITLE! I told you Magnum, I told you between the two of us, I should have gotten the match tonight… not you… then you come out here and he must have paid off Ted Dibiase… he must have paid off the referee…

-Magnum walks out to a huge pop!

Magnum TA: You got something to say to me… then say it!

Mr. Wrestling II: You aren’t have the man you say you are…you are walking around here like you did something… son you haven’t done a damn thing!

Magnum TA: This right here say I did something. I won the title against the man YOU LOST IT TOO! I don’t need you out here saying that I am your errand boy. I am a man damnit and if you want a shot at the title you just name the time and the place!

Mr. Wrestling II: Don’t you worry boy, I am going to be getting my shot whenever I want and you aren’t going to be ready because I am the teacher and you are the pupil and I am going to take you to school!

Magnum TA: Well lemme tell you something jack, just like Alice Cooper says… School’s been blow to pieces pal and you are going to be left in the rubble when I am done with you!

-Wrestling II walks off as Magnum shows him the title!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW is back with Ross and Watts putting all the night’s action. They talk about the TV title change. They say that Gino and Tully may have gotten to Dibiase in the back as he hasn’t been heard of since the opening match. They turn their attention to the Russian vs American angle and wonder just what the Russian Nightmare is going to be that Ivan Koloff was talking about. We head to the ring for our big main event!

Mike Rotundo & Steve Williams vs Ivan Koloff & Krusher Kruschev

-A huge main event with four very good workers right now. This one goes about 8-minutes and we do see some decent tag team action. It is safe to say that Williams and Rotundo are getting into their groove with some very slick tag team maneuvers. Ivan is a true general out there as he is getting Kruschev to gel to his style. As we approach the finish, we see Williams and Rotundo start to get ahead but it is Kruschev and the Russian chain that cause the big DQ finish. Williams and Rotundo continue to fight them off outside the ring but then a scream is heard of out the crowd as a figure runs out of the back and just DESTROYS Williams from behind. The camera catches him….

1e2c258f9da29d2ebd6b5a76c2d32781.jpg

-THIS GUY IS HUGE! Kruschev and Koloff hold up Rotundo and here comes this guy with a nasty Russian Sickle! Rotundo is down and they pick up Williams and he gets the same treatment and he goes down hard. The three of them walk over to Ross and Watts who are going nuts!

Bill Watts: Who in the hell is this guy!??!

Ivan Koloff: Oh Bill Watts… this is the great equalizer… this is the Russian Nightmare… this is Nikita Koloff. He arrived straight from the Kremlin… he has specific orders to destroy all that is America. He is here to destroy all that is the American Dream. You send us you All Americans and we send you the bodies. This man is here to take all that is in his way. Bill Watts… you line them up and Nikita will put them down! One by one we will destroy every hero you have. This is the man who end everything you have created in the past, the present, and the future!

Bill Watts: Well let me tell you something Koloff… you can tell your buddy Nikita that this is America! This is the land of the free… the home of the brave… and you got a hand full of guys in the back who will stand up to him with no questions asked…

Ivan Koloff: Not only is he the equalizer but he is my nephew and it doesn’t seem as though you respect that… perhaps you will expect this!

-NIKITA NAILS WATTS WITH THE RUSSIAN SICKLE! OMG! Ross backs off as the Russians stand over Watts! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?!

As always, I loved the show. You do a great job of using your stars on TV and that would lead to wonderful attendance at your house shows. Bill Watts and Mid-South would be making some serious money with a hook like that last show. I thought it was awesome.

TA OVER GINO GOT THE FANS EXCITED RIGHT FROM THE GET GO!

YOU HAVE HEENAN DOWN PAT AND IT IS COOL TO READ!

MR. WRESTLING II WITHOUT THE MILLION DOLLAR KNEE LIFT! VERY COOL AND THEN HOW HE CALLS OUT TA....... WOW

THE RUSSIAN NIGHTMARE IS GOING TO CAUSE HAVOC! BEST RUSSIAN TEAM IN HISTORY HAS NO BEEN FORMED. PUTS MY RUSSIAN ASSASSINS TO SHAME!

KEEP IT UP! MADE MY NIGHT READING THIS SHOW.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I think Mid South is in a serious groove right now and with Ted Dibiase waiting in the wings for his comeback, it is only going to get better.

I know we talk about big rosters and such, but there is a big portion I am not even using right now, but will once I start the 2nd loop of house shows and get more free time come June.

TA and Gino was a call back to the tournament so as hard as it is to take a title off Gino, it works out here and TA is already moving forward to Wrestling II who is looking for some payback.

I had to sit on Nikita for a while as I had Humungous and Executioner... but with them out of the picture... it was the perfect time for him to debut. That is a hellacious trio who will no doubt run all over Mid South for the foreseeable future.

4/19/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Jackson, Mississippi – Mississippi Coliseum

Brain Blair and Jim Brunzell defeated Johnny Rodz & Ken Raper

Norvell Austin defeated Barry Horowits

Samu & The Barbain defeated Omar Atlas & Brady Boone

The Fabulous Moolah won a battle royal when last eliminating Medusa

The Russians defeated Los Conquistadors in a 6-man tag

Rick Rude defeated Scott Casey

King Kong Bundy, Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch defeated Don Muraco, Ivan Putski, & S.D. Jones

Magnum TA © defeated Mr. Wrestling II via count out

SPECIAL REFEREE: Hacksaw Duggan

The Fantastics defeated Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard © via DQ

4/20/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Houston, Texas – Sam Houston Coliseum

Brain Blair and Jim Brunzell defeated Omar Atlas & Brady Boone

Samu & The Barbain defeated Johnny Rodz & Ken Raper

Nikita Koloff won a 15-man battle royal last eliminating Don Muraco

King Kong Bundy defeated Ivan Putski

The Fantastics defeat Adonis and Murdoch

Mr. Wrestling II defeated S.D. Jones

MAIN EVENT

Hacksaw Duggan & Magnum TA defeated Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard

4/21/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Baton Rouge, Louisiana - River City Arena

Brain Blair and Jim Brunzell defeated Omar Atlas & Brady Boone

Samu & The Barbain defeated Johnny Rodz & Ken Raper

The Fabulous Moolah won a battle royal when last eliminating Medusa

The Russians defeated Los Conquistadors in a 6-man tag

Rick Rude defeated Scott Casey

King Kong Bundy, Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch defeated Don Muraco, Ivan Putski, & S.D. Jones

Magnum TA © defeated Mr. Wrestling II via count out

SPECIAL REFEREE: Hacksaw Duggan

The Fantastics defeated Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard © via DQ

4/25/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Shreveport, Louisiana - Irish McNeil Boy’s Club

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you on its Fox Affiliates throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Action is coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeil Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana!

-MSW opens this week with footage from the end of last week’s episode in which Nikita Koloff nailed Bill Watts with a Russian Sickle. We open to Jim Ross who explains that the Russians have been banned from the arena tonight. Ross also says that Bill Watt’s suffered a pretty serious neck injury and he will not be here tonight but will return next wee on Mid South… we then hear rumblings as Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard walk out…

Tully Blanchard: Let’s cut right to the chase. I think the world has been seeing a lot of changes right now. Last week you saw a chink in the armor but let me tell you something right now, nothing has changed. We may not have as much gold but lemme tell you something, we have still got all the power!

Gino Hernandez: The world as we know it has changed but all the rules are staying the same. You have got the kings of this Kingdom. Now we don’t like to brag but the gold is here where it stands and over the next week it is going to stay…

Jim Ross: Now you two have got a busy week. This Friday night in San Antonio, you Tully Blanchard defend the North American Championship against Jim Duggan. Then next week right here on this broadcast you two are going to face either Adonis and Murdoch or the Fantastics for those tag team titles. In a week you could have no gold!

Gino Hernandez: In about 30 seconds you could have no teeth if you keep it up. We will make what the Russians did to Ross seem like a flesh wound when we are done with you pally.

Tully Blanchard: You talk about tough weeks, Ross we have that kind of week every week. Gino Hernandez has got a shot at the television title this Saturday night and he’s going to bring home the gold jack. Hacksaw Duggan… you cross-eyed fool. You are nothing but a low down dirty dog who got the chance of a lifetime by a fluke. Well let me tell you something right now, the great dream is about to come to a terrifying end. You have got just a few short days then I knock those lights out and knock those eyes straight!

Gino Hernandez: And Magnum TA. You walk around with gold in a pipe dream boy. You sit on top of a mountain that is crumbling beneath you. In a few glimpses of a moment that mountain will fall and your title hopes will fall with it.

Jim Ross: Well you two seem to have a lot of plans, but last week we saw a man with his own plan… Ted Dibiase… he sent in this footage!

*CUT TO PRE-TAPED FOOTAGE FROM DIBIASE*

Ted Dibiase: Last week we saw the beginning of the end for Tully Blanchard and Gino Hernandez. Just like the two of you tried to end my career, I am going to be the one who ends the two of yours. I am putting it on the line right now… I am challenging the two of you two a match on Saturday May 26th in the Superdome! I am going to be there next week and I expect your answer!

-We cut back to the arena with Ross putting it over but Gino and Tully laugh it off and say they can’t wait for Dibiase to be in the building next week as they will put him down once again like they have already done! We then cut to the ring for action…

Don Muraco vs Brady Boone

-A very simple showcase for Muraco who comes in and defeats Boone in about 2-minutes. Muraco looks good as he works the crowd and Ross puts him over.

*COMMERCIAL*

-We return to Mid South and Jim Ross is putting over the night’s action thus far but then Mr. Wrestling II comes out. They talk about the feud with Magnum TA and Wrestling II says that this Friday night in San Antonio, he is going to put his name and his career on the line against Magnum TA! Ross can’t believe it as we hear a huge ovation for Magnum who comes out for his match…

Magnum TA vs Jose Estrada

-A great showcase for Magnum who is WHITE HOT with the crowd right now. Wrestling II is running him down every chance he gets. We see TA go big with a huge BELLY TO BELLY suplex for the 1…2….3!! He looks over at Wrestling II and welcomes him in the ring but II knows better. We are going to see a huge one this Friday night as TA puts his title on the line against Wrestling II’s career!

*COMMERCIAL*

­-MSW returns with Jim Ross putting over the big Friday night in San Antonio we are about to have with the North American Title and the TV title matches. We then hear Bobby Heenan and he comes out with Murdoch, Adonis, and King Kong Bundy! They put over the Family and say that it is a SHAME that the Heenan Family isn’t up for a title match. Bundy says he hopes that Duggan does win so he can crush him for the title the first chance he gets. Adonis and Murdoch put over the 2/3 Falls match this Friday night and Ross states that the winner will get a shot at the titles next week right here on Mid South television. Adonis and Murdoch say it is going to be easy pickings and the Fantastics are nothing but a thing! Bobby and Tommy do get a great ovation here tonight as they head to the ring for action!

The Fantastics vs Barry Horowitz & Ken Raper

-Simple showcase with Fulton and Rogers getting a lot of pop from the crowd. Heenan is joining Ross on commentary and he runs these guys down about as low as they can go. We get a nice double dropkick and then a Rocket Launcher for the 1…2…3! Fulton and Rogers work the crowd before the Family looks to enter the ring… they surround it but then the crowd erupts when Wahoo McDanie comes out! We have to go to commercial but we will be right back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Wahoo McDaniel in the ring with the Fantastics! He grabs a microphone…

Wahoo McDaniel: WHERE IS RICK RUDE?!? He is walking around with a shirt that says my name on it and I want to know where he’s at!?! RUDE!?! Bobby Heenan… you come out here and run your mouth every week well brother, we are standing here right now and brother if you want the fight we have got it for you!

Bobby Heenan: I don’t think so Wahoo! There’s no money in it… but let me tell you something right now, I do have something for you. You see the Family is the thing that everyone wants to be a part of… and I have got a guy who is looking for his chance… and he will accept the challenge!

-Out walks Scott Casey to a chorus of boos. He says he wants a piece of Wahoo as he jumps in the ring for our impromptu match up!

Wahoo McDaniel vs Scott Casey

-A quick little contest with some hard hitting from both men! The crowd is white hot for Wahoo as he is backed up by the Fantastics as the Family is in Casey’s corner. This one is about a 6-minute affair but the story is when Wahoo chops the shit out of Casey. He then nails a huge chop and sends him flying out of the ring to the floor! The Family then looks at him and we see Adonis and Murdoch lay the boots to him! Bundy then hammers down on him as Wahoo and the Fantastics come to save him! The Family backs off, as Casey is a beaten man. Casey isn’t sure what to think as he backs off… Ross puts it over in a big way…

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Jim Ross putting over the night’s action and the big main event. Tully and Gino are back out one more time and they put over this Friday night in San Antonio. Gino says he is going to show Don Muraco why is the true handsome halfbreed and then Tully lays into Duggan something awful. It is time for Gino and Duggan though as we cut to the ring!

MAIN EVENT

Hacksaw Duggan vs Gino Hernandez

-A great showcase here. Tully is with Ross and they are putting this through the roof. Tully talks about being the premiere man in all of professional wrestling. Gino is in prime form here against Duggan as these guys put together a great little contest with Gino bumping around for Duggan who also looks to be in great condition. Ross puts over how Duggan is going to finish off Blanchard with the big clothesline if he gets the chance as he nails Gino with the flying clothesline! Blanchard then runs into the ring and NAILS DUGGAN WITH THE TITLE! Pee Wee calls for the bell as Duggan gets the DQ victory. Gino and Tully work him over pretty good as Duggan rolls out of the ring. Gino and Tully hold up their titles but Duggan isn’t done… he grabs the 2x4 and CRACKS GINO ON THE BACK! Tully turns around and gets one in the belly and then the back and he goes flying! Duggan holds the 2x4 in the middle of the ring and works the crowd… he points it at Tully and it is on this Friday night in San Antonio! We will see you next week!

Great work, as always. Love the house show loops. We've talked about that before. They are so much fun to put together. Your TV's every week are just awesome. Great booking, you have the guys in great spots, you know how to present everyone. Bringing in Bobby Heenan and finding that line for him to walk, it's been very impressive. I always look forward to what is coming up next in Mid South!

4/26/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Chalmett, Louisiana - St. Bernard Cultural Club

Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell defeated Johnny Rodz & Ken Raper

The Barbarian & Samu defeated Omar Atlas & Dominic DeNucci

Ivan Putski defeated Kurt Von Hess

The Russians defeated The Invaders

The Great Moolah won a battle royal last eliminating Medusa

King Kong Bundy & Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Wahoo McDaniel & Scott Casey

Magnum TA © & Mr. Wrestling II went to a double DQ!

ELIMINATION MATCH

Hacksaw Duggan, Don Muraco, & The Fantastic defeated Tully Blanchard, Gino Hernandez, Adrian Adonis, & Dick Murdoch

4/27/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – San Antonio, Texas – HermisFair Arena

Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell defeated The Invaders

Nikita Koloff & Ivan Koloff defeated Ivan Putski & SD Jones

Gino Hernandez defeated Don Muraco

Wahoo McDaniel & Scott Casey defeated Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

Magnum TA © defeated Mr. Wrestling II -Because of his defeat, Mr. Wrestling II was forced to leave the territory!

2/3 FALLS

The Fantastics defeated Adonis & Murdoch – The Fantastics will get Tag Title Shot on MSW this week!

Hacksaw Duggan defeated Tully Blanchard © - Hacksaw Duggan wins the TITLE!

4/28/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Baton Rouge, Louisiana - River City Arena

Samu & The Barbarian defeated Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell

The Russians defeated The Invaders

The Fabulous Moolah won a battle royal last eliminating Medusa

King Kong Bundy & Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Wahoo McDaniel & Scott Casey

2/3 FALLS

The Fantastics defeated Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch w/ Bobby Heenan

MID SOUTH TELEVISION

Magnum TA © and Gino Hernandez went to a 30-minute draw!

Hacksaw Duggan © defeated Tully Blanchard via count out!