Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-05-03-NJPW-Wrestling Dontaku] Gedo & Kazushi Sakuraba & Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI vs David Finlay & Jay White & Ryusuke Taguchi & Tiger Mask IV

GOTNW

The young lions do basic stuff like Uppercuts, Back Elbows, Fireman Carry Slams etc. but everything they do look good and I vastly prefer that to Ospreay's flippy flops. Tiger Mask IV is someone who's worked Battlarts, and these days he is mostly a guy who works multi man tags, gets in, hits a couple of kicks and a Tiger Driver and then kicks out. You'd hope for some shooty exchanges vs. Sakuraba, but outside of an ok opening exchange between them we don't really get that. Taguchi's shtick is ok in matches like this but I do think it's sad to see Sakuraba be relegated to stooging for Taguchi. Gedo did like two things here, a whatever Superkick and a nice punch combo. This was ok I guess. **1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2016-05-03-NJPW-Wrestling Dontaku] Gedo & Kazushi Sakuraba & Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI vs David Finlay & Jay White & Ryusuke Taguchi & Tiger Mask IV