Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-03-17-NWA TNA] A.J. Styles vs Abyss (Ladder)

El-P

AJ Styles vs Abyss (Ladder match - TNA 03/17/04)

So, Abyss is a good vehicule for a great worker to have a very good match ? Well, at least, his series of gimmick match against AJ (they had a good falls count anywhere the previous week, ending i a schmooz) is prooving to me that he is actually more valuable than Kane, after all. Maybe I just got used to his ridiculous looks and maneurisms and to the fact is character is less "crazy monster" and more "goofy mofo playing crazy monster". Again, AJ is so good here, bumping, putting together spots that don't take forever, working teases and using the ladder gimmick in logical way. The only time he tried to show off and waste time trying to hurt Abyss instead of going for the contract actually cost him and Don West pointed out it was a mistake. Really good stuff with seeds planted earlier for spots later on, fine offense and a fuck finish that played into the fact Raven wanted to screw AJ out of his title shot just to get Russo's attention. AJ Styles was a great worker already. Abyss may be more useful than I thought.

• GSR changed the title to [2004-03-17-NWA TNA] A.J. Styles vs Abyss (Ladder)