Pro Wrestling Only

[1980-01-11-Houston Wrestling] Kevin Von Erich vs Gino Hernandez

shoe

The match goes off air w/o a finish. It was cool to see them pre WCCW feud. I loved seeing Gino as a blond. He really feels like a top 10 worker in the U.S at the time. I loved the opening sequence. It got a huge response. We see glimpses of Kevin's mat work that is really underrated. A real fun snap shot on where they'll be headed.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1980-01-11-Houston Wrestling] Kevin Von Erich vs Gino Hernandez
  • 4 years later...

We don’t get the finish here as the match is clipped due to what I believe is a TV curfew.
Kevin shows off his athleticism as he nails a huge dropkick and a jumping elbow drop that gets wow’s from the crowd. Gino again is a fun watch. His selling can be a bit goofy and I continue to be put off by his PS2 era pixelated hair style, but he’s an engaging worker.
We didn't get the full match but they worked at a solid pace, both guys were able to show off their stuff. I will say that the transition from Kevin to Gino on offense was a bit sloppy. But Gino has been the best thing about Houston so far in 1980.