Program: House Show:

Attendance: 4,727 (4,852)

Steve & Scott Armstrong defeat Johnny Rodz & Jose Estrada 14:02

Tonga Kid over Tim Horner 11:36

Jesse Barr over Don Kernodle 17:12

Marty Jannetty DRAW "Killer" Tim Brooks 20:00

The Spoiler wins by Submission over Rick McGraw 24:38

Koko Ware beats "Maniac" Mark Lewin via DQ 10:49

PNW Tag Team Champions: "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers & "Flamboyant" Eric Embry defeat Jay & Mark Youngblood 38:11

​Date: August 2nd

​Venue: McArthur Court, University of Oregon in Eugene

Program: House Show

​Attendance: 8,251 (9,082)

​Jesse Barr defeats Scott Armstrong 19:24

Steve Armstrong over Jose Estrada 14:41

Johnny Rodz over Mike Jackson 17:38

"Killer" Tim Brooks pins Jonathan Boyd 22:51

Tonga Kid defeats Brad Rheingans 15:29

Koko Ware pins The Spoiler 30:27

Scott Casey & "Maniac" Mark Lewin go to DDQ in 18:43

PNW Heavyweight Champion: "Hacksaw" Brett Sawyer & Jay Youngblood go to 45 Minute DRAW

hqdefault.jpg

Date: Friday, August 3rd

Venue: KPTV 12, Portland Oregon

Program: TV Taping

Length: 60 minutes

Don Coss: Welcome to the latest episode of PNW. This week we will have a few new wrestlers to make their debuts in the area. Right now, I want to throw it over to Dutch, who has a person with a lot to say.

Dutch Savage: Here with me is a newcomer to the Portland area and his name is "Cowboy" Scott Casey. Welcome to Portland Scott.

Casey: Thanks Dutch, it's a pleasure to be here. My good friend Jay Youngblood said that the people up here are very hospitabilitable. I want to ply my trade up here after spending years in the Southwest and I promise to do my best for the fans up here in Portland! I'm also up here because there's a man who I've battled in the past by the name of Bobby Jaggers, who I just want to say "hi" to.

******************************Commercial Break***********************************

Vignette: There's a blond headed man about 6'7" weighing about 320lbs being shot from the back. Then there is some highlights from the SEC Conference and the Georgia Bulldogs being shown. After about 1 minute of football highlights, the words "He's Coming" appear on the screen and the picture fades to black.

Match 1: Don Kernodle vs. Pat Rose. Kernodle takes control with a side headlock and then works on the neck of Rose. Rose isn't really given much offense here as Kernodle is made to look like a Million bucks. Finish comes after Kernodle whips Rose into the far ropes and gives him a Lariat and then applies the Cobra Clutch for the submission.

Winner: Don Kernodle in 6:17 by submission.

Dutch Savage: Here is a man who needs no introduction to those on the West Coast. Here is the man they call "Maniac" Mark Lewin. Welcome to the studio, Mark.

Lewin: Stares at Savage and mumbles the words, " I can see the future and the future doesn't have a happy ending and then walks off stage.

**********************************Commercials, local promos for upcoming cards****************

Match 2: The Cuban Assassin (Fidel Sierra) vs. Kelly Kiniski

The Assassin attacks Kiniski before the bell and throws him to the floor. He batters Kiniski with punches and kicks. After Kiniski makes it back to the ring, the onslaught continues until the Assassin gives Kiniski a neck breaker and sets him up and nails him with a pile driver. He goes for the cover, but picks him up after 2. The Assassin then gives Kiniski a short-arm clothesline, but holds on to him, so he can't go to the canvas. He then applies the Sleeper hold and put Kiniski to sleep for the win.

Winner by submission in 5:48, The Cuban Assassin.

Dutch Savage: We are waiting for the Cuban Assassin to come over after his match to get a few words. Impressive win there.

Cuban Assassin: All the Americans are weak and I'm here to destroy them all. I saw that Marine, Kernodle out here and he will fall like everyone else. That is all I need to tell you.

*******************************Promos for upcoming shows in the area**********************************

Vignette: Playing in the background is "Born In The USA") It shows Brad Rheingans wrestling in the Pan-Am games and wrestling in the 1976 Olympics. It basically shows the fans the amateur wrestling ability of Rheingans.

Match 3: Koko Ware vs. Johnny Rodz

Koko gets a great ovation and Savage mentions that he ran Tom Pritchard out of the area. They lock up and here they go. It's a back and forth match until Koko gets the advantage when he ducks an elbow and hits a dropkick, right into the teeth of Rodz. It's all Ware after that as Koko hits a beautiful suplex and then hits Rodz with a headbutt, before putting Rodz away with a brain buster for the win. Impressive showing for Koko!

Winner via pin in 7:58, Koko Ware

***************************Last Commercial Break************************************

Match 4: PNW Tag Team Champions: "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers & "Flamboyant" Eric Embry (With Captain Lou Albano) vs. Marty Jannetty & Mike Jackson

The crowd is really laying into the Tag team champs as they parade around the ring with the belts. After a minute or 2 of stalling, Jaggers goes to the outside and it's Embry & Jackson to start the match. Embry is in control from the beginning as he is really laying a pounding onto Jackson. After a few tags, Jaggers throws Jackson over to the corner to tag Jannetty in. Jaggers is cocky at first, but his mood changes when Jannetty hits him with a punch to the right eye. This gets Jaggers blood boiling, but Jannetty is able to control Jaggers with a series of dropkicks and Jagger rolls out to the floor. Albano/Jaggers/Embry have a little meeting as the fans are loving the debut of Jannetty so far. Albano is yelling at the crowd to shut-up and Embry whispers at little something, something into Jaggers ear. Jaggers gets back into the ring and sticks his hand out in a sign of friendship, but Jannetty doesn't fall for it and takes Jaggers down with a hammerlock. After 45 seconds in the hammerlock, Jaggers is able to reach the ropes for the break. The Hangman tags in Embry who just charges Jannetty like a wild bull, but Jannetty scoots to the side and Embry falls to the mat. The crowd is in an uproar as Embry looks foolish and is now turning beat Red. Jaggers tries t jump into the ring, which Jannetty notices and hits Jaggers with an elbow to the chest. Jannetty howver, can't move away from a determined Embry again, as Embry gives Jannetty a forearm smash to the back to the neck. Jannetty crumbles to the mat and in comes Jaggers. Jaggers and Embry start to lay a whipping onto Jannetty for the next 5 minutes, as they work on the neck of the youngster. Jannetty appears to be helpless and can't defend himself. Mike Jackson tries to jump into the ring, but Embry cuts him off with a knee to the stomach and then proceeds to toss him out of the ring. Jaggers has Jannetty up for a suplex and goes for the cover, but picks him up after the count of 1. Jaggers yells out that this kid will pay for trying to embarrass us and then he tags Embry, who goes to the top rope and they give the kid a spike piledriver. Embry goes for the cover, 1...2...Embry stops the count by picking Jannetty up by the hair. He is laughing at the crowd and shoves the referee away. Embry this time picks Jannetty up once again and delivers a vicious "Texas" Piledriver and goes for the cover,1.....2......3.......

Winners via pin fall in 17:38, "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers & "Flamboyant" Eric Embry

After the match, the action isn't over. Embry waves to Albano as Jaggers gets into the ring. Jaggers throws Mike Jackson over the top rope and Albano sides in a chair. Embry throws the referee to the outside as Albano makes the gesture of a plie driver. They move a lifeless Jannetty into position, setting the chair right behind Embry. Jaggers starts to climb to the top rope and they deliver a spike pile driver to the young kid. He appears to be out cold now as Kelly Kiniski & Pat Rose hit the ring to help out Jannetty. They are both tossed out of the ring and this time, it's Embry heading to the top. Embry is ready to leap down and push the neck of Jannetty onto the chair once again, until "Cowboy" Scott Casey comes out welding a 2X4 and starts swinging. He knocks Embry off to the floor and then nails Jaggers across the forehead with the lumber. The crowd is going nuts and Albano is freaking out on the concrete. The champs are down and it's time to go...

Date: Saturday, August 4th

Venue: Roseland Theater, Portland Oregon

Attendance: 1384 (1400)

Referees: Shag Thomas & Luke Brown

Cuban Assassin (Fidel Sierra) over Jonathan Boyd in 11:49

Tim Horton defeats via roll-up Mike Jackson in 8:11

Tonga Kid & Koko Ware over Steve & Scott Armstrong in 18:23

T​he Spoiler beats Pat Rose via submission in 13:37

"Killer" Tim Brooks pins Rick McGraw in 15:40

PNW Tag Team Champions, "Hangman" Jaggers & "Flamboyant" Eric Embry defeat Don Kernodle & Kelly Kiniski in 12:58

Date: Sunday, August 5th

Venue: Seaside Civic & Convention Center, Seaside Oregon

Attendance: 1,100 (SELL OUT)

"Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz pins Mark Youngblood in 18:22

Marty Jannetty pins Pat Rose in 16:11

"Maniac" Mark Lewin wins via stoppage over Mike Jackson in 9:07

Don Kernodle pins Jose Estrada in 13:47

Jay Youngblood defeats PNW Tag Team Champion Eric Embry in 26:50

Koko Ware defeats The Spoiler via countout in 21:45

PNW Heavyweight Champion "Hacksaw" Sawyer goes to a 45 minute draw with PNW Tag Team Champion "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers

Date: Tuesday, August 7th

Venue: Spokane Convention Center, Spokane Washington

Attendance: 2,568 (2,700)

Buck "Rock-n-Roll" Zumhofe over Pat Rose 12:41

Tim Horner defeats Jose Estrada 16:19

Jesse Barr defeats Mark Youngblood 10:03

"Maniac" Mark Lewin wins via stoppage over Tonga Kid 21:57

Koko Ware pins The Spoiler in 27:39

PNW Tag Team Champions "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers & "Flamboyant" Eric Embry beat Scott McGhee & Rick McGraw in 24:38

Jay Youngblood over "Killer" Brooks in 16:41

PNW Heavyweight Champion "Hacksaw" Sawyer pins The Spoiler in 34:16

Date: Wednesday, August 8th

Venue: Moore Theatre, Seattle Washington

Attendance: 1,400 (SELL OUT)

Referees: Sandy Barr & Shag Thomas

Don Kernodle pins Mike Jackson in 12:08

"Mean" Mike Miller over Marty Jannetty in 18:31

Tonga Kid & Cocoa Samoa defeats Jose Estrada & Johnny Rodz in 16:09

"Killer" Brooks wins via countout over Tim Horner in 14:23

The Cuban Assassin and Don Kernodle go to a 20 Minute Draw

Jay Youngblood over Jesse Barr in 24:18

PNW Tag Team Champions "Hangman" Jaggers and Eric Embry, "Maniac" Mark Lewin over PNW Heavyweight Champion "Hacksaw" Sawyer, Koko Ware and Rick McGraw in 31:55

Portland starting to take shape and build an indentity. Like the team of Cocoa Samoa and Tonga Kid. I like the fact you have several "junior" type wrestlers that can have good matches on the undercard like Horner, Jackson, Rose, Zumhoffe and wrestlers like Embry and Tonga Kid who can flick in...

Portland starting to take shape and build an indentity. Like the team of Cocoa Samoa and Tonga Kid. I like the fact you have several "junior" type wrestlers that can have good matches on the undercard like Horner, Jackson, Rose, Zumhoffe and wrestlers like Embry and Tonga Kid who can flick in...

We are going to have a "tier" system so everyone eventually. Right now, everyone is going to get pushed to an extent, until I figure things out with the roster. Making a lot of moves, which will stop shortly. Might make some tweaks, but with Flair and the freelancers coming in, have to set up a foundation before Labor Day.

Hey that's okay, man. You're doing great for just having picked up Portland only a few weeks ago. Freelancers always definitely help establish stars in the territory, especially in a smaller territory like yours (or mine for that matter).

We have a big angle coming at the live TV this Friday for the following week. When we settle in, we might have a TV title that will get defend every week on TV and on house shows. Something like 20 minute time limit or something along those lines.

hqdefault.jpg

Date: Friday, August 3rd

Venue: KPTV 12, Portland Oregon

Program: TV Taping

Length: 90 Minutes

Referees: Sandy Barr, Shag Thomas

Don Coss: Welcome to a special 90 minute episode of Portland Championship Wrestling. We have several wrestlers making their debuts and a bunch of interviews that should up shed some light on things. First thing we want to address is the Tag Team match that ended the program last week with "Cowboy" Scott Casey coming in with some lumber to help save Marty Jannetty from the vicious beating he received from "Hangman" Jaggers & "Flamboyant" Eric Embry. Dutch has a special guest to shed some light onto the situation.

Dutch Savage: Folks, we have Marty Jannetty here with us and of course we want to ask you on how you are feeling.

Marty Jannetty: Well Mr. Savage, my neck is really sore, but I got lucky and didn't receive a broken neck due to the actions of Scott Casey. I don't know on what they were trying to prove by attacking me the way they did after the match, but if it wasn't for Scott, I would still be in a hospital bed.

Dutch: It was a horrific attack to say the least and the team of Jaggers & Embry need to watch their step before someone watched it for them.

Marty: I'm going to be out of action for the next week as I want to be 100% healthy when I step back into the ring.

*****************************************COMMERICAL BREAK*********************************************

Vignette: Football highlights are shown from the University Georgia Bulldogs. An interviewer is now talking to Georgia Bulldogs head coach, Vince Dooley. Dooley talks about how this man is a gentle giant of the field, but when he stepped on the field of battle, he changed. He went from a man he would want his daughter to marry, to a man he wouldn't want to be alone with in the same room right before a game. The camera now shows a large, blonde headed man from the back as the screen fades to black.

MATCH 1: Referee, Shag Thomas

Jesse Barr vs. Mike Jackson 10 minute time limit

Barr and Jackson lock up and Barr takes advantage with a bunch of headlocks and takedowns. Barr works on the neck of Jackson as Jackson tries to free himself. Barr is in total control and is a bit rough as the match goes longer. Barr takes Jackson to a corner and instead of a clean break, he rakes the eyes of Jackson and starts to kick and stomp him when he falls to the mat. Jackson is weary and Barr whips Jackson to the far corner and Barr delivers a knee into the mid-section of Jackson. Barr then grabs Jackson's head and performs a running bulldog to the center of the ring and gets the 3 count.

Winner in 4:18, Jesse Barr

Interview in Dutch Savage and the group of Jaggers/Embry/Albano

Savage: Well I hope you 3 are proud of yourselves with that post-match attack on that young kid last week.

Jaggers: Actually Savage, we're NOT proud with ourselves as he was able to get out of a hospital bed and get back to training.

Savage: If it wasn't for Scott Cas....

Jaggers: Scott Casey is the reason we didn't get our bonus from Captain Lou.

Savage: What bonus?

Embry: The bonus we get if we can bloody of injure someone during a match. We did pretty well for ourselves in the Tag Team tournament in bonus money with the carnage we caused.

Savage: This is a sport.

Albano: This is a BUSINESS, Savage. The object of our business is to eliminate the competition. That's what all good companies do.

Jaggers: Scott Casey, you are on our radar and you are the competition. You do the math, if you are smart enough to.

**********************************Commercial's and Promos for upcoming shows***************************

Don Coss: Here is the Cuban Assassin. So what do you have to say to the audience?

Cuban Assassin: American fool, this Don Kernodle and Brad Rheingans are in our sights.

Coss: There's only one of you.

Assassin: That's correct, but not for long. (out comes Sifi Avi) This is my brother from Cuba. I know I can trust him. He hates Americans just as much as I do.

Coss: Sifi Avi is Polynesian.

Avi: I'm from Cuba. I defected to the great country of Cuba when I realized that America is a country of scum.

Coss: That's enough from you two. Out to the next match.

MATCH 2: Referee, Sandy Barr

(Stars & Stripes) Don Kernodle & Brad Rheingans vs. Pat Rose & Johnny Rodz 20 minute time limit

Kernodle & Rheingans come out to a great ovation as "Born In The USA" is blaring over the speakers. After some trash talking from Rodz & Rose, we are ready to start the match.

Kernodle & Rose start out and the first 5 minutes is a feeling out process. Kernodle gains control when he goes behind Rose and hits a German suplex. We have some mat wrestling for the next minute or two, until a tag is made with Rheingans. Rheingans dazzles with a bunch of amateur moves and tags back out to the former Marine. It's all Stars & Stripes and on the outside, Johnny Rodz is starting to get a disgusted look on his face. As Kernodle and Rheingans continue their tagging in and out, Rodz jumps of the ring apron and starts to walk towards the back. Rose is unaware of this and is taking a good thrashing inside the ring. The end comes when Rheingans hits a Bridging cradle suplex for the 3 count.

Winners in 14:09, Stars & Stripes

********************************************Promos for local and upcoming shows********************************************

MATCH 3: Referee, Shag Thomas

"Killer" Tim Brooks vs. Steve Simpson 20 Minute Tine Limit:

Brooks and Simpson hook up and Simpson surprises Brooks with his quickness and has Brooks off balance for the first 3 minutes. The crowd starts to get on Brooks and he starts to lose focus. Simpson then surprises Brooks again with a roll-up and gets a 2 count, before Brooks kicks out. Brooks rolls out of the ring and tries to gain his wits and then heads back inside before Thomas gets to 8. Brooks offers his hand in friendship and the crowd tells him no, but the young Simpson is too trusting and accepts when Brooks slaps him across the face so hard that the skinny Simpson falls to the canvas. Brooks then hits an elbow drop and starts to get control with his usual rule breaking type tactics to draw the boos of the audience. Brooks looks like he could care less of what the crowd thinks and starts to dominate the youngster with his experience. This goes on for a good 12 minutes, as Brooks appears to be trying to teach Simpson a lesson and to the crowd that he's the one in charge. The end comes after a vertical suplex and then Brooks hits his "Texas Compactor" across the neck of Simpson for the 3 count.

Winner at 17:29, "Killer" Tim Brooks

Dutch Savage: (The crowd starts to stir after seeing who's coming out) Coming back to Portland after a lengthy absence, the man they call "Maniac" Matt Borne. How are things for you Matt?

Matt Borne: Things are doing great since I'm back in the Pacific Northwest. I missed the area and I received a call from "Hacksaw" Sawyer about coming back and I jumped at the chance.

Savage: What are you plans, since coming back to the area?

Borne: My plan is to help clean things up and get rid of the Jaggers, Embry's, the clown who just wrestled in "Killer" Brooks. I want the fans to enjoy the matches and I hope the they welcome me back, as I'm here to stay. I'm might look for a partner and go after those Tag Team Belts that Jaggers & Embry have.

Savage: As someone who knows you and your family since you were 5 years old, it's great to see you back.

***********************************************Commercials***********************************************

MATCH 4: Referee, Sandy Barr

"Cowboy" Scott Casey vs. The Spoiler 20 Minute Time Limit

Casey jumps into the ring as a returning hero after saying Marty Jannetty from the heinous attack of last week. The Spoiler doesn't have his manager Captain Lou Albano with him at ringside. We know Albano is here, as he was part of an interview earlier in the evening. After instructions from Sandy Barr, the bell rings and here goes the action.

Casey and The Spoiler lock-up, but the Spoiler backs away. The Spoiler appears to be trying to waste time for some reason and Casey seems anxious to get the match going. At the 4 minute mark, the action finally starts and the Spoiler starts back kicking Casey in the knee and Casey goes to the mat. The crowd starts to rise as Albano comes from the back and starts to yell at Casey. The Spoiler then catches Casey, who's preoccupied with Albano, with a kick into the chest this time and jumps on top of Casey and for some reason is just holding Casey to the canvas. The Crowd starts to stir again as The PNW Tag Team Champs hit the ring and starts to attack Casey. Referee Barr calls for the bell, but is thrown to the outside by the Spoiler as Jaggers has a chair that Albano slid under the ropes. Embry holds Casey face down as Jaggers smacks Casey on the back of his neck with the chair. The Spoiler appears to be on lookout duty as Jaggers, Embry and even Albano starts to maul Casey. Embry goes to his singlet and pulls out a pair of Brass Knuckles as Jaggers and Albano hold Casey and nails Casey right in the forehead with a right hand that sends Casey to the mat. Embry then jumps on top of Casey and starts to hammer away on Casey and the blood starts to flow. Albano is laughing at the situation and yelling encouragement as it's now Jaggers & The Spoiler on lookout duty. Help starts to arrive in Mike Jackson, Jonathan Boyd, but they get tossed out as fast as they come in. Embry grabs Casey by the hair and picks up the limp body of Casey and starts to set him up for a piledriver. Albano set the steel chair under Embry and He hoists Casey up and Albano grabs Casey's legs and they drive Casey's head & neck into the chair. Casey is shaking on the chair as Embry starts to stomp Casey from head to toe. More help arrives as The Tonga Kid and Rick McGraw come to ringside and start to fight with the duo of the Spoiler & Jaggers. It's a 2 on 2 fight, until a returning "Mean" Mike Miller and "Killer" Brooks come down to make to a 4 on 2 advantage on McGraw and Tonga. The beat down is going on and Casey is a bloody mess and McGraw and Tonga are now down on the mat. Brooks threw another chair in the ring and Jaggers grabs it and appears to take aim at Tonga and McGraw. He starts to smash the both of them across their backs as Brooks, Miller & Spoiler look on. The crowd starts to roar as Koko Ware, Brad Rheingans come down to help fight off Jaggers & company. This goes on for a minute or so, until the crowd explodes as "Hacksaw" Sawyer and "Maniac" Matt Borne hit the ring with 2X4's and start swinging wildly as the heels leave the ring. Jaggers and company stand together at ringside, giving each other high five's and yelling towards the ring and at the crowd, as Casey, Tonga & McGraw are getting checked on. Embry and Miller try to jump onto the ring apron, until Borne gets his piece of lumber and charges the ropes as Embry & Miller jump down and head to the back.

Winner by DQ in 5:22, "Cowboy" Scott Casey.

Dutch Savage to Don Coss: Something needs to be done and something needs to be done soon before they cripple someone for good. Don Coss: Another wild ending to the TV show. See ya' at the matches!