Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-08-10-NJPW] Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kenny Omega

GOTNW

Back in 2012 Kenny Omega was an invading junior champion in All Japan. His shtick consisted of shitting on Mutoh and doing about 15 Dragon Suplexes per match, and not I am not throwing that number around as a hyperbole. That's about as many as he'd do. In the first minute of this match they exchanged about five control segments and did a Dragon Suplex on the floor. And-you know what-I'd rather they start that way than do the usual New Japan BS. Match wasn't much early on-there was some semblance of neckwork but it was more about Nakajima's (solid) selling than Omega doing anything interesting-his neck attacks consisted of weak kesagiri chops and kicks. You'd think if there's a bodypart you can easily work over in engaging fashion it's the neck, that's what the majority of wrestling moves target. Then we moved onto MOVES, and, well, I enjoy Dragon Suplex spamming and Nakajima has pretty kicks, so this was a pretty easy watch, but I don't reward mediocrity and creatively that's what this match was. Also Omega kicking Nakajima's knee/shin/whatever to set up his jumping bulldog looked silly. **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2016-08-10-NJPW] Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kenny Omega