Pro Wrestling Only

Smackdown's storylines

Coffey

Now, I'm sure I'm in the minority but I've been liking what's been happening on Smackdown lately. Not the whole Mark Henry/Batista stuff or the JBL/Boogeyman stuff but the Benoit/Booker stuff. It's almost like the injury to Booker has made it better. They teased Benoit getting swept. Now he's fighting back to even score. If you've read the spoilers for Smackdown on Friday, you know that Orlando Jordan gets involved now too. Orton is 0-2 against Benoit in this situation. Once because of Sharmell and the second time because of OJ. OJ in a backstage promo even made reference to holding the US title longer than Benoit and Booker when talking about Booker not showing him any respect.

I don't know, I can dig it.

I'd be digging it more if they hadn't gone to such lengths to make OJ look like a jobber, and having him point out he held the belt longer than Benoit is kind of an indirect burial since it's basically saying he's not as good a champ as the jobber was.

Guest Dangerous A

SD is ok. Better than the Vince ejaculation hour on Raw the last couple of weeks. I still have no earthly idea why they took the belts off of MNM in the first place. Just seems very stupid in hindsight.

I'd like to hope they recognized that Rey and Batista had a very good connection and chemistry with the crowd so that when they end Batista's run, they should put the tag belts back on him and Rey and let them run with the belts for awhile to help build them back up.

The Booker/Benoit in ring work is good, but I guess being being such a smart mark hurts in regards to me actually believing Benoit was going to get swept. If it works for others great, they did their job. On a personal level, it didnt' work but that's because I stay close to the situation.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

That's cuz OJ is a total jobber. I can't see 1 reason why he should be on SD. OJ as US Champ was a complete joke.

I find it funny that they treat Raw as the # 1 show, putting all their efforts into it, while SD is treated as an after thought, yet SD invariably turns out to be the better show/brand. SD's been way more enjoyable (on the whole) than Raw over the last 1/2 year or so.

I was really enjoying Benoit vs Booker with the storyline and all but than they ruint it. I mean this is a Benoit vs Booker T best of 7, not a Benoit vs Booker or Orton best of 7. I'm still trying to figure out how Benoit can wrestle Orton in a series that is Benoit vs Booker. That's one of the most nonsensical things I've ever seen in the WWF which I must say covers a lot of ground.

So even if Benoit comes back and wins the series, what has he done? He's still lost to Booker 3 matches to two. All the spirit and the magic of the series has been effectively wiped out now. The WWE can't do anything right.

And even in the matches with Orton he only beat him by DQ. 1 nonsensible DQ and I imagine another one coming up on this week's show. Benoit would've been king coming out of this series. Now a lot of his heat he could've had is going down the drain.

Guest Kilgore Trout

I thought the injury could have a silver lining as the series could have stretched out until Wrestlemania. Then they went and did the dumbest thing possible.

Jordan turning face and trying to gain Benoit's respect could be pretty good though.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Yeah OJ is a jobber (to the stars) and hes been presented that way. Thats why when he wanted to get involved Booker T and Sharmell lauged at him, yet hes insistant on getting involved, because at one time he was a better wrestler and even a champion. But since gettting his ass kicked by Benoit and losing the title he hasnt done much. Now hes like Ralph Nader jumping into the preceddings and screwing things up with Booker Bush and Benoit Gore.

If youve actually been following the storyline, its pretty entertaining.

Well that was quite the reasoned reply. Are you suggesting they haven't spent the last few months making OJ look like a jobber?

I'm suggesting that only a smark would point out something like that. Somehow, someway, it's a burial of Chris Benoit. That's ridiculous.