Pro Wrestling Only

Ed Wiskowski v. Jerry Grey (1/5/85)

goodhelmet

• 2 months later...

This one was kind of weird. It was pretty much a competitive squash in Wiskowski's favor, with Grey showing occasional fire and working on Big Ed's arm a bit. Then Wisowski crotched Grey on the top rope, and all of a sudden that was it. It reminded me of the match between Buddy and Steve Pardee from around this time, only Buddy got disqualified for choking Pardee between the top and middle ropes. That DQ felt wrong somehow, and so did this one.

This was treated as part of a return for Wiskowski, even though he had been on the Clan's side in several six-mans just the previous summer, some of which are on this disc. Coss even mentioned that Ed might have been reading from "the Clan's book of wrestling etiquette" as if he hadn't been part of the group just a few months before. More McMahonizing of history from a promotion of which I expected better.

I'll be interested to see the younger version of Dr. Tom when he appears on this disc in a six-man. I'm going through the '93 Yearbook at the same time as this set, and he's the captain of the Heavenly Bodies (at least as much as he can be with Corny around), so it'll be a treat to see him as a relative youngster. (I mention this here because Coss teases an appearance by Dr. Tom later in the same program that this match was taken from.)