Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-01-20-NJPW-Fantasticamania] Dragon Lee vs Barbaro Cavernario

bradhindsight

This is for Dragon Lee's World Lightweight Title and I would very much challenge how Cavernario fits that weight class. Cavernario wrestles like a smaller guy despite his size and Dragon Lee is impressive in powering the lucha caveman around. Sneaky good psychology as Cavernario takes off the corner padding, and his motive is two fold - they use this to do damage (he hits an elevated powerbomb on Lee into it) but he also needs it gone to do his running tope through the ropes when on the outside. He gets caught up there, which I guess shouldn't be surprising given his size, but its covered well. We get double powerbombs to the apron, and double stomps off the top rope (to the outside) from Lee and Cavernario hits a gigantic splash off the top also. Wicked headbutts on the top rope - this match has nearly everything. Lee is most impressive when he does the guillotine into that sit-out suplex. Incredible strength. Reverse rana (of course) on Dragon Lee, but Cavernario dislocates his shoulder and hey - if you ever wanted to see a close up of guys trying to use a t-shirt to put someone's shoulder back in their socket, this match is for you! They trade some strikes before Lee essentially deadlifts him into a back suplex with a cradle to the abbreviated finish. This got a lot of time prior to the injury and felt like it slightly overstayed. I dug it though. ***3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2017-01-20-NJPW-Fantasticamania] Dragon Lee vs Barbaro Cavernario