Pro Wrestling Only

Web's Weekly Wrestling Wrant

Episode 36 - "Naito Should Have Went Over"

This week is a fun week. It is my last week hailing from Washington. Next week we are back in Vegas. Thomas Evans makes his glorious return to the show with a live and in person Tom's Mailbag. I then recap Raw and SmackDown for this week. I then start recapping Wrestle Kingdom 12 by way of AXS TV. I start off with the 3 Hour special from 1/6 that featured Kota Ibushi vs Cody, Tanahashi vs Jay White, Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho! and Okada vs Naito. Then I recap from New Japan on AXS 1/12 Young Bucks vs Ropongi 3K and Scrull vs Hiromu vs Kushida vs Ospreay also from Wrestle Kingdom. Leave questions comments and concerns at [email protected] also follow me on twitter @webconn69.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode 37 - "Put That Cigarette Out"

Hello Scumbags. This is a jammed pack episode. I recap Raw (its the return of the Hulu edition, the return no one cares about) and Smackdown. I then present to you the opening contest in the Mixed Match Challenge. Then it's on to the main event, Thomas Evans returns for a second week in a row to cover the 1992 Royal Rumble with me. With the Rumble looming we wanted to discuss a Royal Rumble of wrestling past and decided on this one. I hope all of you enjoy. Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 38 - "Live from PArk City, Utah"

Welcome to a very special episode of 4W. I stray away from the usual format of this show. I am currently in Park City, Utah attending the Sundance Film Festival, so Myself and two pals Aaron and Lorenzo chat about the experience and the movies we have seen but before that I discuss the announcement that the XFL is returning in 2020 and I recap the 25th Anniversary Raw. I'll have a dose of Smackdown and Mixed Match Challenge next week. In the meantime enjoy the podcast as I chat about movies and I'll have a super special wrestling heavy show last next week. Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-38-live-from-park-city-utah

Episode 39 - "Wrestlemania Season has Officially Begun"

After last week being more about movies and less about wrestling I promised a wrestling heavy week. And this week has a lot of wrestling. First I discuss the upcoming Kenny Omega vs Cody match that is happening at Supercard of Honor during Wrestlemania Weekend. Then I recap two Smackdowns (1/23 and 1/30) and a Raw (1/29). And for the Main Event, Jay "TK" Lee (@TheLucidLuminaries) returns and we talk about the Royal Rumble. That's a blast, we get down to the nitty gritty. Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Wranting Wrestling Episode 11 with Raza Aslam

Hey welcome back for another episode of Wranting Wrestling. I spoke to my friend Raza who many of you have heard before on the podcast reviewing PPVS with Alec and myself. Well he's back bay-bay and he's wranting wrestling. This was a fun talk, they are all fun talks but this one featured a lot of early 90's WWF and WCW talk. This was a lot of fun for me as early '90s wrestling was before my time so I had a blast hearing about it from someone who watched it in real time. The pre-Hogan WCW talk especially was a lot of fun. We also discuss the Attitude Era, Austin vs Vince, Shane McMahon Matches, Muhammad Hassan (after I made an ass of myself), Miz as World Champion, Jinder Mahal as World Champion and Wrestlemania 33 just to name a few. Leave questions, comments and concerns at @[email protected] and follow me on Twitter @webconn69.

Episode 40 - "Tempers Flared and Egos Were Bruised

This is a fun show this week. Every show is fun but I had fun recording it. I have fun recording every episode but you catch my drift. After 5 weeks of guests i'm back to being on my lonesome for this one. I continue my discussion on Cody vs Kenny from last week and also talk a bit about the upcoming New Japan U.S. March 25th Show Strong Styled Evolved. I then recap Raw (2/5) and SmackDown (2/6). I finish up the show reviewing ROH Wrestling (2/3) and I also review the special ROH free live stream show Honor Reigns Supreme (2/9). Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69

Episode 41 - "Tempers Flared, Egos Were Bruised and Pancakes Got Tossed Around

This Week Alec joins me for the intro (NXT TakeOver: Philly next week!!!) to discuss The WWE Switching back from Brand Exclusive PPV's to Duel Brand PPV's with BackLash in May. I then recap Raw (2/12) and SmackDown (2/13) and Review ROH Wrestling (2/10). Leave questions, comments and Concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-41-tempers-flared-egos-were-bruised-and-pancakes-got-tossed-around

Episode 42 - "Phoenix, Arizona Not Too Keen on Roman Reigns

Another episode, another week without the NXT: Philadelphia review. It's coming, eventually. This week I talk about Defy bringing Tommy Dreamer to Seattle, when I wont be there. I also talk about The Young Bucks joining the NJPW Heavyweight Tag ranks, and the further fracturing of the Bullet Club. I also recap Raw (2/19) and SmackDown (2/19), I then review ROH Wrestling (2/18) and end the show with Elimination Chamber predictions. Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Episode 43 - "Baron Corbin Has One Of The Worst Hairlines I Have Ever Seen"

Welcome to the podcast scumbags!!! It's a big one this week. I talk Strong Style Evolved, there's new matches announced. One of the matches Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks is getting some buzz right now. I then recap Raw (2/26) and SmackDown (2/27). Followed by the ROH (2/24) review. Alec and I end the show by reviewing Elimination Chamber. We also have a brief Goldberg convo at the end there. Send questions, comments and concerns @weeklywrestlingwrant and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-43-baron-corbin-has-one-of-the-worst-hairlines-i-have-ever-seen

Episode 44 - One Year Anniversary Episode: A Broken Retrospective

Welcome to the podcast. 1 year ago on 3/5/17 was the first episode of this podcast. As a special bonus to celebrate this moment I decided to release a secret episode. The Broken Hardys was something so different and so unique I thought I should speak on it. Alec joins me and we discuss the beginning of this whole angle with Matt vs Jeff I Quit match on 4/19/16 to the Delete or Decay altercation 9/8/16. Dude this is such a crazy wrestling angle. Do yourself a favor and watch this. It's a ton of fun. It's all up on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7qcQDXYbbzKw8XEKG5OWHNJ61UQoIx7j) Part two will come out at some point in time down the road. I'm not setting a time table but it's happening. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @wenconn69.

Episode 45 - "It's Me Cody! It's Me Cody! It was Me All Along, Cody!"

Yo It's another day another Podcast. This week I talk about the Bullet Clubs (Blizz Clizz bay-bay) All In show (9/1/18). I recap Raw (3/5) and SmackDown (3/6). I review ROH Wrestling (3/4). This is a big ROH heavy show cuz I also talk about the ongoing Women of Honor Championship Tournament and then I give a live report of the ROH 16th Anniversary Show from Vegas last night (3/9) I was there live I went him Baby Fan (Alec) and we had a good time. I started talking about Bully Ray (Bubba Ray Dudley) heel promos and I leave y'all with the greatest Dudley promo of all time (Heat Wave '99). Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-45-its-me-cody-its-me-cody-it-was-me-all-along-cody

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 46 - "I Enjoyed A 20 Minute Randy Orton Match"

I want to apologize for being two days late, real life got in the way. This week I review Fastlane (3/11), ROH Wrestling (3/10) and the Women of Honor Tournament matches from the 16th Anniversary Pre Show (3/9). I'll have two weeks of Raw and SmackDown recaps up on Saturday. I enjoy the show. Leave Questions Comments and Concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-46-i-enjoyed-a-20-minute-randy-orton-match

Episode 47 - "It's The Return Of The Gangsta, Thanks Ta.."

I'm late for a second week in a row. I was at the beach all weekend. Mondays may or may not be the new day. It depends if I can make this Saturday week or not. Week I got on the menu this episode is, I continue my Thunder conversation from last week. I also discuss the 2017 Wrestling Observer Awards, give my take on them give y'all some insight into who I voted for. Then I recap two Raws (3/12 & 3/19) and two SmackDowns (3/13 & 3/20) including the Ultimate Deletion match. I end out the podcast with reviews of ROH Wrestling (3/17) and the continuous Women of Honor Championship Tournament. Leave questions comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestl ... -thanks-ta

Episode 48 - "Club On The Rocks"

So for a third week I have delivered the podcast two days late on a Monday. I still plan on dropping a podcast on Saturday. This is the third week in a row that I'm giving you a 3 hour and 15 minute podcast. This one is jammed packed bay-bay. I discuss more WCW Thunder(I am loving Thunder dude). I recap Raw (3/26) and SmackDown (3/27). Review ROH Wrestling (3/24) and two episodes of New Japan on AXS (3/23). The big shabang on this 'cast is my review of New Japan's big Strong Style Evolved show live from Long Beach, California. My Strong Style Evolved review is over an hour and starts at the 1 hour and 58 minute mark. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-48-club-on-the-rocks

Episode 49 - "CheeseBurger Looks Like The Lost Member of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five"

I'm still Struggling to drop on Saturday. I'm in New Orleans (leaving tomorrow, Tuesday) I thought I would have time Saturday to drop the podcast (yeah right!). This is the Podcast before the Mania 'Cast. I recorded the intro with my brother Steve from our hotel room earlier today, I wanted to talk about the weekend in The Big Easy but it turned into Steve's recap of Supercard or Honor which isn't a bad thing. No raw or Smackdown recaps this week. Double dose next week. Next weeks (hopefully saturday) podcast i'm anticipating is gonna be a long one so buckle up. But this week I finally get to the WWE MSG show (3/16) and ROH Wrestling (3/31). Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-49-cheeseburger-looks-like-the-lost-member-of-grandmaster-flash-the-furious-five-t

Episode 50 - "I Met D'Lo Brown, Or The Wrestlemania Weekend Mega 'Cast"

I did it! I made a Saturday! We are back on schedule Bay-Bay. This is a big ass podcast dude. My biggest to date. It’s pretty appropriate that this is the 50th episode cuz its jam packed. I talk about my time in New Orleans, I even cant a bit on this being the 50th episode. Which is a big milestone and I’m happy to be able to share it with all of you. For those of you that have been down since day on thank you. I recap Raw (4/2) and SmackDown (4/3) and give a Raw after Mania live report (4/9). I’ll have two Smackdowns and a Raw for ya next week. Then after all of that I get down to the nitty gritty, the big event what you have all came here for to begin with, the Wrestlemamia weekend coverage. I am joined by my good pal Jay (@LucidLuminaries, @TheLucidLuminaries) to discuss some of the shows from the weekend. We cover Impact vs Lucha Underground, NXT TakeOver, SuperCard of Honor and of course WrestleMania 34 itself. Theres aloft to cover from the weekend including Teddy Hart hitting moonsaults, just how awesome NXT really is, Where does the Bullet Club come from here, and What to do about beach balls and fans not responding to certain matches the way the WWE would like them to. This is louder description than I normally do but it’s worth it. Give it a listen you’ll love. Leave questions comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-50-i-met-dlo-brown-or-the-wrestlemania-weekend-mega-cast

Episode 51 - "Shake Up, Just To Make Up 2: The Secret Of The Ooze"

I made another Saturday!!!! This podcast isn't as stacked as lat weeks but it's still stacked. I talk a little more about Thunder (guilty pleasure). I then call frequent guest of the show Don Griswold out on his shit. Dude loves D'Lo Brown but I meet D'Lo Brown and all of a sudden he doesn't care, that isn't right! I then pay tribute to recently fallen Bruno Sammartino, he passed on April 18th 2018 at 82. In actuality I pay tribute to Bruno throughout the whole show but talk about his career and what he meant to the business. I then recap the SmackDown after 'Mania (4/10) and then I close this fucker off by talking Superstar Shake Up. I recap this weeks Raw (4/16) the full 3 hour one too and SmackDown (4/17) and talk about the Shake Up. I hope you enjoy. As always leave questions comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

Episode 52 - "The Boss Of All Bosses"

Whats up everybody? This week is a pretaped episode. I had it recorded on Thursday (4/26). So no Greatest Royal Rumble this week (That will be next week). This week I talk Thunder cuz it’s a fucking awesome show. I also recap Raw (4/24). I didn’t get to Smackdown this week. I ran out of time. I’m in Monterey, California listing friends this weekend. Hence the pretape so what ever was done by Thursday made the show. Two Smackdowns and a Raw next week. Returning guest Raza joins me for a discussion on the Andre The Giant HBO documentary that premiered on 4/10. It’s a really well done doc that explores Andre the man and not Andre the myth. Do yourself a favor and check it out if you have yet to. As always leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-52-the-boss-of-all-bosses

Episode 53 - "Titus Be Trippin"

Technically I didn’t make Saturday. Its the middle of the night on Sunday. I had a Spanish final I had to study for. What do you want from me. I got this out. So this week I talk about the bizarre ending to the 2/19/98 episode of WCW Thunder. Do yourself a favor and watch it. I also speak on the early ticket sales on New Japan’s G-1 Special at the Cow Palace come July, I also mention some of things going on nit New JAPAN WHICH I THINK WILL BOOST TICKET SALES (thats in all caps only because caps lock was on, I didn’t’t notice it and I don’t want to retype it). I then recap 2 SmackDowns (4/24 and 5/1) and a Raw (4/30). The Raw from Montreal do yourself a favor and track it down it is one of the better Raws I’ve watched in some time. IN a surprise to me I just had access to the program when I was in Monterrey last weekend I reviewed New Japan on AXS TV (4/27). I end this show with a review of the BIG show from Saudi Arabia, The Greatest Royal Rumble (4/27). This featured a massive 50 men Royal Rumble match. So thats the show. Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 54 - "Zack Sabre Gots A Big Ass Trophy"

I'm a week late. I know. But it's here. A new episode. I'm a week late. This week I chat tad about the New Japan Dominion line up (Jericho vs Naito bay-bay). Recap RAW (5/7) and SmackDown (5/8). Then I review Zack Sabre Jr vs Tanahashi in the New Japan Cup finals from New Japan on AXS (5/4). Leave questions, comments and concerns at [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

​​​​​​​https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-54-zack-sabre-gots-a-big-ass-trophy

Episode 55 - "The 2nd Annual London Like A Mother Fucker"

This week ... A returning guest redeems themselves, I talk the All In Show (instant sell out!), I review Raw (5/14) and Smackdown (5/15) from across the pound (that's London!), And I review New Japan on AXS (5/11) it's a three hour presentation of Sakura Genesis (4/1) to boot. Leave questions comments and concerns to [email protected] and follow me on twitter @webconn69.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a week late again. Two weeks behind now. I'm going to try to fix it. More on that net week. This week more ALL IN talk, WCW Thunder nonsense, SmackDown moving to FOX in October of '19 discussion, reviews of Raw (5/21), SmackDown (5/22) and New Japan on AXS (5/18), ending with some thoughts on Anthony Bourdain and eulogizing him with soundbites from his brief affairs with the wrestling world. Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] or on twitter @webconn69.

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestlingwrant/episode-56-its-a-family-affair

• 3 months later...

Episode 56 - "It's A Family Affair"

I'm a week late again. Two weeks behind now. I'm going to try to fix it. More on that net week. This week more ALL IN talk, WCW Thunder nonsense, SmackDown moving to FOX in October of '19 discussion, reviews of Raw (5/21), SmackDown (5/22) and New Japan on AXS (5/18), ending with some thoughts on Anthony Bourdain and eulogizing him with soundbites from his brief affairs with the wrestling world. Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] or on twitter @webconn69.

Episode 57 - "CM Punk Great Pro Wrestler Awful UFC Fighter"

Yo whats up, two weeks in a row its a Christmas Miracle! This week there’s a ton of stuff to discuss, Thunder, matches announced for the G-1 Special in USA show, ROH looking to run MSG next year and CM Punks attempt at an MMA Fight at UFC 225. I then review this weeks (6/11 & 6/12) Raw and SmackDowns. Leave questions, comments and concerns to [email protected] or on twitter @webconn69.