Pro Wrestling Only

It has begun

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Guest Crucifixio Jones

This is easily the most disgusting thing this company's ever done. I say that with a level head, too. I don't care if it's "just" a storyline. You don't fucking say a man who just died is in hell, just to get a talentless piece of crap over. I hope this blows up in their god damn faces. Just when I was considering checking them out more. Fuck this company.

Ditto. I can't say it's the absolute most disgusting thing WWE has EVER done (that list is a looong one, as we all know) but it definitely didn't make me feel like coming back to the show or giving them another chance. Some things never change.

Guest Bruiser Chong

This is easily the most disgusting thing this company's ever done.  I say that with a level head, too.  I don't care if it's "just" a storyline.  You don't fucking say a man who just died is in hell, just to get a talentless piece of crap over.  I hope this blows up in their god damn faces.  Just when I was considering checking them out more.  Fuck this company.

Ditto. I can't say it's the absolute most disgusting thing WWE has EVER done (that list is a looong one, as we all know)
I will. This goes beyond the Katie Vick angle, the Kiss My Ass Club, the beratement of women in the company, etc. Those were all in bad taste, but this isn't an angle. Katie Vick was a fictional character. Eddie was a real guy who is dead. He's not some creation or guy who packed his bags and went elsewhere. He's in the ground and for the company that acted so broken up about his death to not just exploit it, but have one of its characters say he's in HELL, is just about the most classless thing I can think about.

It's unsettling that Rey would go along with any of this, too. I wish I could be more optimistic and say someone surely said, "Hey, maybe we shouldn't have Orton say Eddie's in hell." But we know how it works. The dirt sheets may report about wrestlers being unhappy, but how many of them ever take a stand? It's pointless to read about such stories, becuase until more guys say something, it makes no difference if they're happy or not.

Whether it gets the angle over or not isn't even my concern. It won't get it over, but that's really besides the point. It makes me feel like a piece of crap that I ever defended anything questionable this company did. For years, we've speculated about whether they really care or not. I don't think anyone can make a solid case in their favor. They don't.

It's unsettling that Rey would go along with any of this, too. I wish I could be more optimistic and say someone surely said, "Hey, maybe we shouldn't have Orton say Eddie's in hell." But we know how it works. The dirt sheets may report about wrestlers being unhappy, but how many of them ever take a stand? It's pointless to read about such stories, becuase until more guys say something, it makes no difference if they're happy or not.

That angles like this even happen reflects how much power and intimidation WWE has over their employees. Most of the TV writers are expendable and know to keep their mouths shut when Stephanie or Vince comes up with a tasteless angle or gimmick that they think is great. Most of the wrestlers won't complain about anything, because at best they'll be buried and humiliated on TV (see Matt Hardy being sodomized by Viscera at the Rumble or Vito eating the Boogeyman's worms at Armageddon) and at worst they'll be fired. I'm sure some people whose positions are more secure than the average wrestler did complain and made their feelings known, but even they know that they can't push it too hard. Don't blame the wrestlers, blame the sick minds where the ideas came from.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

I think it more reflects the spinelessness of the wrestlers. But then again, Rey didn't much mind putting his kid on television to help push his own angle so it's not like this is a huge stretch for him.

I don't get why they let this shit go unchecked. Taker, who is pretty much the only guy who can say what he wants and not get punished, seems to have let the whole "someone with a blood-borne disease bled all over me" thing blow over with nary a fuss. I guess that sets the bar pretty high when someone gets asked to do something tasteless.