Pro Wrestling Only

It has begun

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, so on SD this week, Randy Orton insults Eddie, then challenges Rey to put up his WM title shot at No Way Out. And, like an idiot, Rey agrees.

Looks like Orton/Angle is definitely going to be the plan (as rumored), while Rey gets bumped down to some meaningless undercard match (vs. Book for the US Title?). Oh, and they'll use Eddie's death to put heat on Orton, since he's nowhere near over enough to be ME'ing for the title at WM. Fun all around, to be sure.

What a pile of suck.

Guest Dangerous A

The only drastic thing that happens to Rey on the road to Mania is whether the midcard wrestler he'll be facing is Booker, Benoit, or Boogeyman at this point. This company cannot and will not get over the man's size.

This is why I don't watch anymore. How many times does Randy Orton have to fucking fail for them to give up on him. Remember this is the guy that was bombing so terribly last year that they dropped him from the Mania main event.

It's like when HHH/Taker completely bombed in 2002 and they went right back to it 2 months later.

Well, not only that, but

******************SPOILER***************************

Orton tells Rey that he's too small (echoing what I'm sure are Vince's sentiments), and then breaks out the big guns, saying that Rey should stop looking up to Eddie, because he's in Hell. And Orton's gonna win this feud!!

****************SPOILER END***************************

Meltzer:

--There were a lot of unhappy people backstage during the Randy Orton interview for Smackdown taped last night (check spoilers). Let's just say the respect in some circles with management hit an all-time low.

I bet Jericho is typing up another letter to send to Meltzer

Well, they did let him win the Rumble, so it's not like they're burying him.

Well, let's face it, they wouldn't have even let him win that if Eddie hadn't died. And that's a travesty, because he should have won anyway or at least have been heavily considered to win, as he's the best wrestler and biggest ratings draw on Smackdown. Will's right, if Rey ever wins the title it'll be by default due to all their pet projects failing on top and all the veterans breaking down.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Well, not only that, but

******************SPOILER***************************

Orton tells Rey that he's too small (echoing what I'm sure are Vince's sentiments), and then breaks out the big guns, saying that Rey should stop looking up to Eddie, because he's in Hell. And Orton's gonna win this feud!!

****************SPOILER END***************************

This is easily the most disgusting thing this company's ever done. I say that with a level head, too. I don't care if it's "just" a storyline. You don't fucking say a man who just died is in hell, just to get a talentless piece of crap over. I hope this blows up in their god damn faces. Just when I was considering checking them out more. Fuck this company.

There's also the audacity of it all. I'm sure if Eddy's ghost is watching from anywhere, he's more concerned with his wife and daughters than who wins the Royal Rumble. WWE are treating this not like a man died, but rather that they wrote a character out of their script.

I have a feeling this will blow up in their faces. The fans seem to really get behind Rey and if he doesn't end up in a Mania title match it's going to pull the rug out from under one of their largest growing audiences (Hispanics).

Comments about Orton were unjustified I'd say.

He didn't main event 2004 because of the Foley feud. he didn't main event 2005 because of bad booking- a rushed face turn and dropping the belt to HH a month after he won it.

He's been highly entertaining as a heel, having enjoyable matches ever since his run on Smackdown, especially being stuck in a dead end feud with Undertaker. I see him dropping the belt to Rey in the long term, but beating Angle for it at Wrestlemania.

As someone said, Rey is being made out to be really good, winning the Rumble and he will be screwed out of his match with Orton, thus not losing credibility.

Unjustified?

You could've taken Booker T, Misterio, RVD, Benjamin and several others on the roster and gotten more out of them with not even a third of the effort. Orton has been getting an insane push since 2003 and he's still getting a mid-card response. He's an utter failure. He hasn't drawn any ratings, hasn't popped any buyrates and no one pays to see him lose.

As someone said before Orton's push is everything that's wrong in wrestling. He's being pushed completely because of his look and name. Ken Doane in OVW blows Orton out of the water in every aspect as a worker and he has nowhere near the experience of Orton.

This is also the guy that caused two divas to quit the company because he was sexually harassing them too.

What's funny is Doane and Orton had a mini-feud in OVW because Doane was using the RKO and Orton came to OVW all "NUH-UH, NO YOU DIDN'T".

Doane smoked Orton in the ring in the matches they had and that's probably why he got punished by being put in the "are they trying to embarrass these poor guys" Spirit Squad more than any ego problems.