Pro Wrestling Only

Sad news from OVW

sek69

c/p'ed from DVDVR:

I just spoke with a contact of mine who attended the OVW tapings this evening.

Cappotelli has surrendered the OVW title on the basis that the tumor that was found was indeed cancerous, and was listed on a severity level of "2" on a scale of 1-4. Not knowing much about cancer and its treatments (other that it's hell) It looks like Capps is going to have to hang it up.

Those wrestlers in attendance at the taping this evening all came out to wish him the best. Tank Toland(one of the Dicks) was especially broken up about this. I'm sure that many of the fans there were in tears.

I just got the news so I don't have any recap information about the rest of the show, but this is the most important part.

As someone who's experienced cancer in my family, I can say this is horrible news. A 2 out of 4 isn't as bad as it could be, but any cancer/tumor in the brain is nothing to mess around with. I hope he can beat this and resume a normal life, no matter if it involves wrestling or not.

Well that just sucks. I actually had hopes for the guy to do something in the WWE. Seemed like the type Vince would push.

Hope for the best, and maybe somewhere down the line we'll see him again in the wrestling world... Ok, its a brain tumor, I know that's a huge long shot, but it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth seeing someone who's very capable of doing something great get robbed of it.

Well Jushin Lyger came back from a brain tumor, but I don't think his was cancerous.

Also, if you watch the video of his speech, you'll notice that the guy who comes in the ring to hug him is Johnny Jeter. For those who don't follow OVW, they were former tag partners until Matt broke his leg and Johnny turned heel and won the OVW title in what was probably the best booked feud of the last 15 years. Seeing them hug was a real "Dusty/Nikita after Magnum's accident" moment.

Who says wrestling can't be real?

Guest savagerulz

Good thing it didn't happen on RAW or Smackdown, so we don't have to put up with watching some heel win the belt and make fun of his problem for heel heat.

Oh hey, sek, I remember Matt talking Chris Cage now. And how Cage felt like shit, but then Matt telling him that if it wasn't for his chair shot, Matt wouldn't've known. ^_^

But still, thankfully its covered insurance. I was wondering if it would be.