Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-06-01-NJPW] Jushin Liger & Kendo Kashin & Katsumi Usuda vs Shinjiro Otani & Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Fujita

soup23

Another awesome outing from these guys. This may have been the best bit yet as the one side of Liger, Usuda, Kashin really felt like a whipping boy, an up and comer and the legend in Liger for all three of Koji, Otani and Fujita to disrespect. Fujita fit right in perfectly with the Koji, Shinjiro team and the match never let up for the sixteen minutes it lasted. Usuda was the key cog throughout everything both getting her ass kicked and also fighting back when appropriate. Finish was pretty abrupt but again shows how well they are putting Kashin over as a bad ass with the flash cross armbreaker. The guy isn’t as good as Otani and Koji but he has been fine so far and I don’t discount him based on his heavy push. ****

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This was a fun fast-paced tag match. I would say it was great, but was still an enjoyable watch. The young Minoru Fujita really fit in well with his team and looked to have a lot of potential. There was some fun little bits in this match with Kashin and Usuda not getting along, primarily with Kashin taking shots at Usuda. I was a little disappointed to see Kashin get the win here as I was never really a fan of his work.

***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2000-06-01-NJPW] Jushin Liger & Kendo Kashin & Katsumi Usuda vs Shinjiro Otani & Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Fujita