Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-07-29-NJPW-G1 Climax] Bad Luck Fale vs Kota Ibushi

soup23

Sort of a tale of two matches. The beginning with the leg work done by Fale was fine but felt like his ho hum stuff throughout the tournament. Then the action spills to the outside and the ante is upped around 5 notches. Ibushi does essentially blow off the leg stuff here but it wasn’t a huge focal point so I wasn’t too bothered by it. He proceeds to moonsault off of the second level of seats in a great spot after riling up the crowd. Back inside the ring, Ibushi bumps like a freak off of the lariat of Fale. Ibushi is showing some great underneath babyface fire and even lfits Fale up in a seated position for a piledriver in a great show of strength. Eventually the size of Fale is too much and he brutalizes Kota some more before putting him away with the Bad Luck Fall. The most surprising great match of the tournament so far. ****

Yeah, this RULED. Loved the early stuff with Ibushi unleashing those deadly kicks on Fale - the big man countered those by just MAULING Ibushi's leg down. I really liked all of Fale's work on the leg, even if it didn't really lead to anything. Ibushi did what he usually does - he stopped selling it once it was time to get his shit in, but I can forgive that because the leg work was forgotten by Fale as well. It wasn't a huge part of the match. The rest of the match is just kickass David vs. Goliath action with Ibushi bumping his ass off for Fale. Great, great stuff. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2017-07-29-NJPW-G1 Climax] Bad Luck Fale vs Kota Ibushi