Pro Wrestling Only

Jay Lethal = GONE~! (from ROH)

sek69

The ROH/TNA spat seems to be growing, as ROH has decided not to book Lethal for any more shows since he chose to go to the TNA PPV and miss the ROH show that caused Strong and Aries so much problems.

Both companies are sending a message that they want to be #1 priority for their workers.

Guest Dangerous A

Is the fact that Lethal chose TNA over ROH the actual reason for being gone or is this still speculation? I've not heard a definitive reason as to why Lethal is now gone.

I see both sides. ROH doesn't want to promote guys who may no show their show because of committments to TNA. However from the wrestlers POV, they need to do what's best for them and right now, TNA is a better paying gig with national TV exposure.

Both sides gotta do what they gotta do.

If they really are suspending him over that then RoH is being stupid. They need to realize TNA is on a completely different level now and that they will LOSE if they try and pull rank on their workers. At this point the RoH roster is in shambles and losing someone like Jay Lethal is devastating to them.

Guest ISJ981

From today's Newswire posted at RoH's board...

"March 2nd: Ring Of Honor has parted ways with Jay Lethal and Azrieal. Both departures were amicable and either could return at any time. This is a result of ROH making some roster changes. Do not believe all the internet reports. We want to thank both for their contributions to ROH. We expect Lethal and Azrieal to both have very successful careers and wish them the best."

Guest Dangerous A

I wouldn't say losing Lethal is devastating to the ROH roster. He's had a handful of ROH title shots and been Pure champ, but it's not like they couldn't do without him. ROH is built around a concept, not a few wrestlers. As long as they can keep bringing in fresh talent, they will be fine.

TNA pulled AJ and Daniels from them before while at the same time Low Ki had his falling out and they were fine. It would take a mass exodus of half the roster for things to really screw up ROH.

Guest savagerulz

It's fare on both sides but TNA really should be priority for a guy like Lethal, whether you prefer ROH or not. TNA gives him national tv exposure and PPV exposure, and a more secure deal. Choosing ROH would make no sense unless you were somehow related to Sapolsky and couldn't really get away.

Guest Cuban_Linx

I'd question how much choosing TNA over ROH would have to do with this, Alex Shelley and Homicide both did the same thing and are still being booked, in major matches no less.

Lethal's done pretty much all he can do in ROH, after the feud and win over Low Ki, turning on Samoa Joe, he's at a point where he basically needed to be pushed to the top of the card, and with that not happening he's been floating around doing nothing of meaning at all. His heel turn flopped, which ROH needs to take plenty of blame for but Lethal hasn't been doing a great job either from all reports, some time away to make him fresh again isn't the worst thing that could happen to him.

ROH and Steve Corino have 'parted ways' half a dozen times on worse terms than this, if he can come back every time i'm sure Lethal will turn up again eventually.