Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-08-14-ZIPANG] El Consadole vs FM TARO

soup23

Loss keeps blaming DEAN for all the ZIPANG matches but I think he secretly likes me tackling them before me. El Sonsadole is an owl that represents the mascot of a Panama soccer team and the owl lives the gimmick receiving bird seed from the fans at ringside. FM Taro has a pretty Rocking 80’s gimmick himself and he looks like he is ready for a cameo on the Goldbergs. The match is full comedy as you might have imagine and the best spot is when Consadole spot on acts like an owl when he gets caught on the top rope. Even though much like WCW, this isn’t a workrate marvel of a match, but it is something I expect and they play into the audience instead of insulting it. That is why the ratings may be relatively close and neither are going to be high but I would take a 100 ZIPANG matches over 100 New Blood Rising PPV’s. *1/2

• 6 months later...

El Consadole is such a weird gimmick. He's wearing a Panama soccer shirt while wearing a Owl mask. I liked that instead of slapping hands, he gets fed bird feed by the fans.FM Taro is no Survival Torbita but he's not bad. Lots of comedy, some good and some bad. Taro goes and gets feed to get Consadole off the top rope. This isn't something you would rate and I'd say only watch it if you can suspend disblief but it is entertaining and weird.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-08-14-ZIPANG] El Consadole vs FM TARO
  • 3 months later...

El Consoladole does an owl gimmick and as he makes his entrance the fans rush to feed him bird seed out of their hands.  When Taro looks a touch sad at being left out, a couple of the girls go and feed him too!  The streamers being thrown into the ring at introductions seem to startle the owl who would rather pick stray bits of food up off the mat than wrestle.  The opening few minutes are dominated by Taro until whipping Consoladole into the corner where, instead of taking the bump, he leaps up and perches on the top turnbuckle.  Taro shakes the ropes to try and get him to fall, but we’re dealing with a bird here and not a human so that’s ineffective as their balance is top notch!  He thinks for a moment and then heads to the timekeeper’s table where he collects some feed and uses that feed to coax him down, laying a trail until he’s close enough to him where he can stomp him in the head.  That gets booed out the building by the fans who didn’t like it one bit!  Swinging neckbreaker for a two count.  Rear chinlock and Taro starts plucking Consoladole’s feathers which again doesn’t go sit well with the fans.  He continues to heel it up, accusing the referee of hitting Consoladole, who has to get confirmation from a ringsider that it was in fact Taro.  Consoladole lets him verbally have it, well as verbally as an owl can, before chopping him in the head.  The owl is on fire from here with flying headbutts, a handspring elbow, a tornado DDT and a delayed Fisherman’s suplex, none of which are able to put Taro away though.  Taro reverses the whip to the corner and hits a Russian leg sweep followed by a springboard splash.  Top rope elbow and he then starts stomping his foot a la Shawn Michaels.  Consoladole ducks the superkick and rolls Taro up with a cradle for a near fall.  He goes for a superkick of his own but gets carried away stomping and is caught by a Taro one for the win.

Weird, but genuinely funny!