Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-09-08-IWA-MS-Sweet Science 16: Night One] Cash Flo vs Mitch Page (Carribean Spider Net Glass Death)

soup23

This was really dry. LIfeless, the spots didn't look impressive and Flo did some of the most business exposing bumps and blading I have seen in a while. A disappointing end to the night and shows that just having light tubes and barbed wire was not enough. I felt no personal issue between the two and it was a match of two bumps through the pits of glass. *1/4

• 5 months later...

There were an abundance of meaty punches and some off-kilter charm to this one. Sure the stakes didn't seem very high and it didn't seem like a big grudge but both guys got the danger over pretty well and took some painful looking falls here. As a kind of slow and steady brawl I liked this well enough.

**1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-08-IWA-MS-Sweet Science 16] Cash Flo vs Mitch Page (Carribean Spider Net Glass Death Match)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-09-08-IWA-MS-Sweet Science 16] Cash Flo vs Mitch Page (Carribean Spider Net Glass Death)
  • 4 months later...

The ropes have been removed, replaced by barbed wire on two sides of the ring, while on the other there are pits of glass.  Jim Fannin’s longwinded introduction of Page is actually pretty amusing.  Cash can’t get big Mitch all the way up for a bodyslam and falls backwards into some drawing pins that were scattered on the mat.  I’ll always have respect for someone who works a match like this shirtless as those tacks are now embedded into his back.  Page drags him over to the barbed wire, but an extreme close up shows him just holding it next to his face while Cash retrieves his blade and cuts himself.  Cash reverses the Irish whip and Mitch gets stuck in the barbs, the referee having to help get him free.  It’s not long before he’s bleeding and the visual of the blood smearing across his forehead as Cash punches him does looks cool.  As they venture to the floor Cash breaks a light tube over Page’s back and then digs it into that cut.  After suplexing him into one of the pits of glass Cash goes off searching for some pliers.  They return to the ring and it looks like Page is getting back into this until Cash hot shots him onto the barbed wire.  He then wraps some of the barbed wire around him, trapping his arms to his sides in the process.  With Page helpless Cash cracks him twice over the head with hard unprotected chair shots, however when he goes for a third, Mitch ducks, kicks him in the ass and Cash takes a flip bump from the apron and into the second glass pit.  ‘Mean’ Mitch manages to get down from the ring and covers him on the floor for the win.

The opening trading of punches was really good but it never sustained that level for me, ending up being fairly pedestrian.  That flip bump Cash took also didn’t look the most realistic and probably hurt a ton.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-08-IWA-MS-Sweet Science 16: Night One] Cash Flo vs Mitch Page (Carribean Spider Net Glass Death)