Pro Wrestling Only

Like Wrestling Belts?

sek69

I found this pic on a beltmaker site, it's someone's collection of NWA title belts:

Posted Image

From top to bottom:

NWA World Title held by Dan Severn in the mid 90s

NWA "Globe Dome" World title used from the 70s-1986 and from about 1995 on.

NWA US Title

NWA World TV Title

NWA World 6 Man Tag Title

NWA US Tag title

NWA World Tag Title

Guest bigm350

I'm a beltmark, and that's an awesome pic. I know the guy who happens to own those belts, and he's a great guy. His name's Superdave; and he posts over at a Beltmarks site.

Also, even though I truly love wrestling belts, I don't think there's any way I could spend that much money on belts. The Figures Inc replica belts work just fine for me.

Guest bigm350

For some reason I have a feeling this guy isn't married.

Yeah, he actually is married. I think he owns a small supermarket of some sort.

That is, if its the guy I think it is.

BTW, would you guys be willing to shell out the kind of money it costs to buy a real belt? I've been a wrestling fan all my life, and a wrestling belt fan for quite some time, but I don't think I'd ever spend 2 grand on a WWF logoed Winged Eagle belt, which is my alltime favorite belt.

I can think of about a zillion things I'd rather buy than a championship belt. I think if you buy one for yourself...not an autographed one, or one that actually belonged to somebody...I mean if you buy a duplicate belt just because you wanted to have one...you need to sit down and have a serious look at your life. You either have money to burn...or another more serious problem. Like, time to legally change your name to Lou Zer.

I was once in line at an ECW show in Buffalo, and Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten were working the tables. Balls was selling that chair that he smashed over Steve Corino's head, the one that was shown on the clip at the start of ECW on TNN every week. They were selling it for 100 bucks...and for about one second I considered buying it. Then I said..."What the HELL am I thinking?"

I have a piece of smashed table autographed by Sabu. I have a Funk U T-Shirt that Terry himself sold me at an indie show. I have a ticket stub from the last show the Road Warriors ever worked before Hawk died, and it's autographed by Ted DiBiase. That's as far as I go with memorabilia.

Guest Primo Matarazzo

I think Sek knows good and damned well how big a belt mark I am. The belts pictured are all from my all-time favorite era of wrestling and I'd be hard pressed to pick an absolute favorite. A more interesting question would be: what wrestler(s) do you all most readily associate with each title?

"Globe" World Title: Harley Race, Ric Flair

US Title: for some strange reason, Lex Luger

TV Title: Tully Blanchard and to a lesser extent, Arn Anderson

6-Man Tag: Dusty Rhodes and the Road Warriors

US Tag: Midnight Express

World Tag: Rock N Roll Express

Western States Heritage: Barry Windham