Pro Wrestling Only

[1986-10-04-WWF-Boston, MA] Tito Santana vs Harley Race

Superstar Sleeze

Tito Santana vs Harley Race - Boston 10/4/86

I knew I had seen this before because I still remember Harley Race taking that bump down the steps at the Boston Garden. It has been four years but still that's a damn great bump, brutha. Tito has entered mid-card purgatory after finish up with the Macho Man in the summer of 86. Going around the horn with midcard acts like Cowboy Bob Orton, Harley, tagging with Pedro and a long program with Butch Reed. He would be rejuvenated in the summer of 87 with the formation of Strike Force. In the meantime, he did have a great match with Ron Bass of all people and hell pulled out the only good match of Butch Reed's WWF career. This match was pretty damn good in its own right. It featured Tito doing what he does best throwing hands and selling. Harley bumped well for him early as Tito pounded him. Sounds like they were going to turn Big John Studd face against Bundy before he left later this month. Harley backs him into a corner and works him over with headbutts and knees. Piledriver! Tito mounts a comeback, but Harley jobs a foreign object in the eye. Some really good heel work from Harley between the foreign object and later on a ballshot to cut off Tito. Tito makes another big fisted comeback and he even brings The Brain in the mix with a double noggin knocker. This is when Harley gets the ballshot. The finish is Harley goes for a suplex, but doesn't bridge and Tito gets the shoulder up for the win. It was a good little midcard match that I will forever remember for Harley's nutty bump down the ring steps. ***1/4

• GSR changed the title to [1986-10-04-WWF-Boston, MA] Tito Santana vs Harley Race