Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-10-11-WWE-NXT] Andrade 'Cien' Almas vs Johnny Gargano

Maciej

I don't think this quite scaled the heights of their Takeover match (though I was at that one live) because it had less of the element of surprise on its side, but it was still really terrific. These guys work really well together and the match is paced really nicely for stuff like apron spots and loud chops to get the crowd into things at the right moments. The ending does a great job of continuing to tell the story of Johnny getting over the #DIY split and the story of Almas' rising aggression. It does that well enough that they could just end this feud (which hasn't really been a feud outside of the matches anyways) and move on, having made that progress. And if they do decide to have another match, that's very cool too. ****1/4

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched this this morning. These guys are great together. I’d love to see them get behind Almas. I think he has some pretty crazy upside both in-ring and character-wise. Gargano is pretty much a lock to have a good match with anyone on the NXT roster and is capable of great ones like the two with Almas when he has a good opponent.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-10-11-WWE-NXT] Andrade 'Cien' Almas vs Johnny Gargano