Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-09-15-GAEA-Double Destiny] Chikayo Nagashima vs Mayumi Ozaki

soup23

A constant paced match that may not always makes sense but does get points from me in just the ferocity of it. The moves were executed well enough and the playing off of Ozaki and Chikayo was impressive. Chikayo does a good job not backing down and Ozaki’s character work always sings to me more than most of her peers. As a third from the top match, it was really effective. ***1/4 (6.5)

• 3 months later...

This was a blast. I'm not sure they could have done a better midcard mentor vs. student bout without it taking up a whole lot more time on the card. If you know the girls and you know their roles then this is about as satisfactory as you can imagine. As an Oz fan, I'm glad I watched it because it was another little feather in her cap as a worker. And as a Nagashima fan, it was a fun coming-of-age bout to see her get one up on her mentor. From a work standpoint, I really liked how they covered for Nagashima's blown Liger bomb spot at the end and still managed to steer the bout towards the upset finish. That was clever ad-libbing and capped off a frantic, emotion-packed bout. I'm glad I watched this chapter in the OZ Academy story.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-15-GAEA-Double Destiny] Chikayo Nagashima vs Mayumi Ozaki