Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-05-18-WWE-Judgment Day] Brock Lesnar vs Big Show (Stretcher)

Superstar Sleeze

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs Big Show - Judgment Day 2003 Stretcher Match

Holy shit! This came out of left field! Bill Watts would have had a raging boner for this. Two big muthafuckas just throwing each other around. Both dudes are just pouring sweat because they are just ramming into each other and going all out. This is by far my favorite type of match. Super heavyweights just muscling each other around. Brock Lesnar is the great defender of the land. He is defending the honor of Rey Mysterio who was brutally attacked by Big Show at Backlash. The iconic moment is when Big Show slammed Rey strapped to a stretcher into the post. Then Lesnar saved Benoit from a similar fate. Thus the stretcher match was born. Cole & Tazz are all about the Andre vs Killer Khan stretcher match and that it was the 40th anniversary of the founding of the WWE Championship. Enough about that, these two just wailed on each other with that stretcher board. Brock is an athletic freak. One of the best bumpers in the history of pro wrestling period. He was flying around for the Big Show. Enough though Show was jobbed out to Brock at Rumble and to Undertaker, the beauty of Show is that no matter how shitty he is booked, he is instantly credible because of his size. Show delivers a MASSIVE chokeslam to Lesnar. Then a huge legdrop, Lesnar sell of this is amazing. Show tries to push him across. Lesnar wriggles free to Show blasts him and Lesnar goes FLYING. Brock Rocks! Then Lesnar just unleashes hell with the board, chokes the fuck out of Big Show with a cable cord, nasty moment as Lesnar tries to wheel Big Show across the line with the cord still tied around his neck, he yanks so hard that cord does not give so Show is WRENCHED off the stretcher. LESNAR SLAMS THE GIANT! THIS IS AWESOME! They get into a tug of war with the stretcher. Show jabs him in the ribs. Lesnar will not be denied. He just starts hurling his body at Big Show and until he sends him flying off the apron onto the stretcher, which Show bounces off of and onto the floor. Lesnar leaves. So this is a good time for Rey Rey to exact some revenge. 619 to the gut. Big Show slams him. Brock has a got a forklift! He is an expert forklift operator. BROCK DIVES OFF THE TOP OF THE FORKLIFT ONTO THE BIG SHOW! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! LESNAR IS PUMPED! HE UNLEASHES THE BEAST! F-5! He puts the board on the pallet and then Show on the board and drives with him for the win. WOW! Super heavyweight slugfest that is just relentless. Never a dull moment, just two big uglies kicking ass. The dive off the forklift was such an insane spot and should be more iconic in my opinion. Watch this match. ****1/2

• 4 months later...

Just watched this again for the first time in a while and man, this still absolutely rules. There's pretty much no downtime at all, it's just straight up out and out hoss fighting from bell to bell. I've always liked the forklift because A.) it makes perfect sense and B.) it kinda feels like the sort of vehicular mayhem nonsense that Austin did as a babyface except actually done within a match. The Rey run-in's always kinda been weird to me, I know why they did it but it doesn't really add anything. Brock's forklift clothesline was awesome. The bodyslam onto the stretcher was awesome. The finish was awesome. Everything about this match ruled. This is one of the most overlooked and underrated matches I've ever seen. ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2003-05-18-WWE-Judgment Day] Brock Lesnar vs Big Show (Stretcher)
  • 3 years later...

This kicked all kinds of ass until the forklift shit, though I've gotta admit, Brock drove that thing like a maniac. The dive off the forklift was cool, but I was kind of wondering where Brock got his wind from. It's so typical of the WWE to spoil an excellent match with an outrageous and over the top finish. Not that Brock standing on top of the forklift and raising the belt was the worst finish in the world, but he could have just as easily beat Big Show's ass and pushed the stretcher over the yellow line. Awesome match, though. Callbacks to Andre vs. Killer Khan. Two hosses beating the shit out of each other. Young Brock might actually be better at gimmick match brawls than mat wrestling and suplexes. Big ups to The Big Show for being interesting too.