Pro Wrestling Only

No More OVW TV on DVD

sek69

From the daily WO update:

--OVW has sold both its video collection and all rights to future videos to WWE in a deal completed yesterday. This also means that OVW is no longer releasing videos or DVDs on its own. All subscribers to OVW tapes were e-mailed today and offered a choice of getting a refund, or getting old DVDs or VHS tapes from the past to make up for the money owed.

OVW had some of the most exciting TV of any wrestling promotion, and now I guess no one outside of Kentucky will see it.

I wonder if WWE was getting tired of hearing complaints that they were messing up everyone that got the call from OVW.

Guest savagerulz

That is too bad. As someone who collects old wrestling stuff, I can say that the saddest thing is when there simply IS no footage of a territory to get a hold of.

Guest teke184

Trading is alive and kicking. More footage is available now more than ever... and cheaper than ever. At this point, there is very little footage that you can't obtain with a little searching around.

Agreed, of course.

The problem I'm having these days is finding the right trading partners.

My tastes tend to be specific (WWF, WCW, US territories, shoots, etc), so I have trouble finding people outside of Helmet that want what I have and have stuff I'd want in returns.

I'd try CrazyMax but the vibe I was getting from y'all was that things were going down the tubes there.

That isn't true. Crazymax is just fine. You can practically find anything you want there and most of the traders are really good people. There are always exceptions of course but you get that everywhere you go. Seriously, if you have a request, someone will probably be able to fill it in a matter of minutes.

Guest teke184

I'm going to have to do that when I get some time then...

I want to fill the gaps on some 1980s NWA and WWF stuff that I don't think you have, PPV / satellite versions if possible, and most of the people on the Corner either don't have what I want or their wants are obscure stuff I don't have.

Specifically, I'm looking for shit like Starrcade 1983 (satellite feed), Starrcade 1985 (satellite feed), Summerslam 88, Royal Rumble 88, Royal Rumble 89, etc.