Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-21-FWA] Bad Crew vs Da Hit Squad (Dog Collar)

soup23

This was taped for FWA's tv show. Fun garbage brawl. It went the right amount of time and had some blood to intensify things. We get a preshow angle with Da Hit Squad jumping Bad Crew outside the arena. Bad Crew aren't good or technically savvy but damn if they don't get the crowds behind them and they seem to know their role as Tommy Dreamer esque clunky brawlers. They get good color here and the Dog Collar stip was utilized well. I like Bad Crew's 3D inspired finisher of a combo powerbomb and neckbreaker. ***1/4 (6.3)

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-10-21-FWA] Bad Crew vs Da Hit Squad (Dog Collar)
  • 6 months later...

In a rare skit from the FWA, the Bad Crew are being interviewed on the street outside the building when they’re jumped from behind by Da Hit Squad.  The dog collar stipulation was the Bad Crew’s idea, a team who allegedly never backs down from a challenge “especially with all their ECW experience”.  Oh yeah, tons of it!  DHS are overly cautious as the teams get locked together and there is some great work from the commentary team, pointing out how they are keeping each other at arms length as no-one wants to take that first shot, they want to be the ones who give it, because if you take the first shot you could easily take the next dozen to.  It’s DHS who do get that first shot in, rushing their opponents when the Bad Crew foolishly turning their backs on them.  I’m at a bit of a loss about what to write when it comes to this, I normally type as I’m watching and then attempt to put things more coherently after the match has finished, but it’s just all “meh” and I wasn’t feeling this at all.  Three of the four get colour and the finish comes when one of the Crew releases himself from the dog collar and combines with his partner to hit ‘Bad Lands’ on Monsta Mack.  Much shorter than I expected too.