Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-22-WWF-No Mercy] Chris Jericho vs X-Pac (Cage)

soup23

One of the better uses of escape the cage rules in WWF history. The match still felt like a fight and they used the cage to have some neat spots to utilize the escape the rules format. Jericho takes a straight back bump from the top of the cage for example and the finish of X-Pac getting crotched on the cage door for gloating too much felt natural and well earned in addition to looking brutal. Even though this feud may be beneath Jericho, I do think it was fine for its placement as a placeholder and showing he has progressed beyond this mid card level. ***1/4 (6.7)

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-22-WWF-No Mercy] Chris Jericho vs X-Pac (Cage Match)

Man, I have zero memory of the feuds that Jericho had in 2000 after Benoit and Triple H. Why are Jericho and X-Pac feuding? Why are they having a cage match? There can't have been much to this feud since JR  was pretty tame on commentary.  Decent midcard bout but it made zero sense to me why it should be inside a cage. Cages are meant to be used for blood feuds or feuds where there's been too much outside interference. This felt like they tacked on the cage match stip because they hotshot the match-up. The match was okay but despite their efforts, you'd be hard pressed to call it memorable. 

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-22-WWF-No Mercy] Chris Jericho vs X-Pac (Cage)