Pro Wrestling Only

[2011-06-02-IWRG] Dr Cerebro vs Multifacetico

Jetlag

Awesome grappling match with the Doctor looking great. Good to know I can thrust myself from 7 years ago on... some things. Some people have talked about how lucha has just as good storytelling or psychology as all the other wrestling... which it doesn't really need to have, because lucha is great as it's own thing. This match gave me the same giddy feeling I get from a high end WoS or shootstyle mat contest, while being it's own thing entirely. Sometimes, you just wanna watch awesome wrestlers roll around on the mat and in the case of mexicans that often involves lots of freaked out wristlocks and rolling surfboard holds and whatnot that you don't see in any other kind of wrestling. And that's why lucha rules and doesn't need to be measured up to a bollocks standard of Flair matches or whatever. You can go on about all the symbols and meaning of all this, with Cerebro carrying a green worker, headbutting him a bit for his trouble and the kid upsetting the veteran some and all that... but in the end, I'll come back for the grappling.

• GSR changed the title to [2011-06-02-IWRG] Dr Cerebro vs Multifacetico