Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-29-Monterrey] Ricky Marvin & Los Orientales vs Neon & Sangre Azteca & Super Vaquero

soup23

Fun undercard stuff. I didn’t think much of the Orientales and Neon but everyone else brought something to the table here and Marvin and Azteca in particular went after each other. Marvin displays a rudo tinge here to his character which is unique and I do think his high flying has looked as spectacular as anyone in 2000. Muscle buster was a nice finisher for the tecnicos and I was a bit surprised that Marvin took the final pin. No bullshit in Monterrey is a plus as well. *** (6.2)

• 1 month later...

This was the most fun Monterrey's been in a while. It was a classic Monterrey undercard bout with Los Orientales being a trio gimmick that reminded you of the Ninja Turtles and Thundercats and all of the other cartoon themed trios teams of the territory's heyday. The workers flubbed a lot of spots but that added to the charm. It was simply fly by the seat of your pants undercard lucha. At the heart of it was a right scrap between Sangre Azteca and Ricky Marvin. They went at each other hard and a lot of their work looked super modern compared to most of the lucha from 2000. Their standoff at the end wouldn't look out of place in a 2018 bout if you ask me. This was a great match to watch if you're a Ricky Marvin fan as he wrestled with an intensity that's impossible to summon in his overseas bouts. In fact, this may have been the best undercard match of the year when you consider that none of the others had a pairing as strong as Azteca vs. Marvin. I really enjoyed this and would shortlist it on a matches worth watching list for 2000 lucha.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-29-Monterrey] Ricky Marvin & Los Orientales vs Neon & Sangre Azteca & Super Vaquero