Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-09-IWRG] Ultimo Vampiro & Black Dragon & Mike Segura vs Negro Navarro & El Hijo Del Diablo & El Hijo Del Gladiador

soup23

I am glad I watched the other lucha match first as this one was about as mediocre a match as I can recall in 2000. Nothing horrible but also nothing memorable at all besides some good Navarro matwork to begin and a nice dive by Segura in the finale. Rudos end up taking the win here which was a surprise that they won both matches shown tonight. **1/2

• 2 months later...

There's that man Negro Navarro. This was several years before he adopted his bald, ass-kicker persona. He worked more of a classical style but it still neat seeing him work his maestro tricks. I liked a lot of the work in this, actually, despite it being slow and featuring too much stalling. Mike Segura did an excellent job of propping up the tecnico side, which is something I always look for in trios matches. It's easy to put together a solid rudo side but a good tecnico makes a world of difference, Segura came across like a young actor itching for a starring role. And he sure lived up to his "Suicida" moniker with that dive. Not only that, but I continue to have an almost irrational appreciation for the unmasked Hijo del Gladiador so that made three guys to track in this, which is a pretty good return on a trios match. 

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-09-IWRG] Ultimo Vampiro & Black Dragon & Mike Segura vs Negro Navarro & El Hijo Del Diablo & El Hijo Del Gladiador