Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-03-04-X-LAW] Super Crazy vs Yoshihiro Tajiri

Migs

Last match for many years between these two. No sound and a ringside camera shoot. Looks like there's some minor clipping, but nothing too bad.

Best match they've had in 2001. Wish I could hear Tajiri antagonizing the fans, but looks like he's doing a great job of it here. Crazy opens a big cut off of a Tajiri handspring kick into a chair. Tajiri is wonderfully dickish in this. Crazy busts out a spinning elbow drop that I don't recall seeing him use before. Really enjoyable all the way through - not a classic, but worth seeing if you've enjoyed their rivalry, a reasonably nice finish compared to their tepid US indy matches.

• GSR changed the title to [2001-03-04-X-LAW] Super Crazy vs Yoshihiro Tajiri
  • 1 year later...

Every time I think I’ve seen “the last ever meeting” between these two another one crops up!  No audio for me here.  It’s clipped too.  Tajiri with the Tarantula, he ends up playing to the crowd after applying the hold and Crazy smacks him on the ass then locks in a rolling surfboard.  Dragon sleeper while he’s still got the legs grapevined, Tajiri’s back all bent and curved.  Great springboard missile dropkick.  Tajiri ducks between Crazy’s legs after the punches in the corner, smacks him on the backside before hanging him upside down in the Tree of Woe.  Baseball slide dropkick to the face.  He kicks Crazy to the floor although doesn’t choose to follow him out.  Crazy is back on the apron brandishing a chair, however Tajiri with the handspring, kicking it into his own face.  You see Crazy fiddle with his wrist tapings so I’m saying the next time we see him he’ll be bleeding.  He is.  Tajiri has got a title belt which he clocks Crazy in the head with.  He then places that belt over his bloodied opponents face and stands on it, almost grinding it into his forehead.  Yuck, Tajiri bites at the cut and then spits out the blood.  Crazy has juiced a good ‘un here.  A shotgun dropkick appears to wipe him out but he kicks out of the pin, clenching his fist as he tries to draw something from the fans.  He reverses the Irish whip, tilt-a-whir backbreaker and the comeback is on.  Corkscrew elbow drop, which I can’t remember seeing him use previously.  Tajiri counters the powerbomb with a DDT for a near fall.  Lovely springboard moonsault by Crazy.  He wallops Tajiri with a chair, lays it across his chest and lands another perfect moonsault for the three.

I thought they were just giving the fans a nice crowd pleaser of a match, then all of a sudden things got nasty.  Not on a par with any of the Death matches we saw between the two last year, but this was a welcome change from the Tajiri vs Crazy stuff we’ve seen so far in 2001.