Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-24-CMLL] Tarzan Boy & Negro Casas & Hijo del Santo vs Satanico & Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero

ohtani's jacket

Hold the phone, there's more CMLL from November.

Trouble in paradise!

Satanico still hates Tarzan Boy but his partners have a problem with him roughing up a fellow rudo. This leads to some heated altercations with Satanico going chest-to-chest with the Infernales. There's pushing and shoving and Satanico even threatens to join the tecnico side before pulling rank and ordering the Infernales to back off. Meanwhile, Santo hates Tarzan Boy too and makes no bones about it. He does the "I'm watching you" gesture to Tarzan Boy and Tarzan Boy responds by trolling the shit out of Santo with the same gesture.

In between the fun and games is some excellent work between Santo & Casas and the Infernales which has me excited about the future of this feud. In the past, I've been critical of the Japanese influence on lucha around this time. It's clear watching this that Casas and Ultimo Guerrero, in particular, have been influenced by their stints in Japan and are looking to push the envelope on the type of action you usually see in a CMLL ring. I've eased up on my criticism of it being inauthentic. If the work is good then let them push it in a different direction. Here it complemented the story well as Santo and Casas were clearly working harder than the lying, cheating Tarzan Boy and I get the feeling that the divide between the old traditional ways and the new style of the Infernales will play a major part in the upcoming feud with Satanico. Which brings us to the finish and Satanico deliberately fouling when it seemed like the Infernales had the situation well in hand. You don't stir up a hornet's nest when it comes to Satanico, that's for sure. You could already see him steaming and plotting so it'll be interesting to see where this goes next. 

This was a solid quarter hour. Much better TV than the usual fare and hopefully gets CMLL back on track after a rough few months. 

No will he or wont he stuff with TB today as Satanico still hates his fucking guts and beats his ass from the get go. This again sets up the big tag match that is coming in a few weeks so we have more build up here and it is effective in making you anticipate that match coming up. TB is hanging out on the corner recovering and can’t be bothered to help Casas out on the 3 on 1 attack that he is on the receiving end of. Tecnicos gets some breathing room with Santo doing a wonderful dive to the outside but he hits Casas. Bucanero and UG try to give TB a break but Satanico will have none of that as he kicks and attacks him again. TB pleads with the others and gets shoved by Casas.  Inside TB is with Satanico and uses the ropes to gain the pin. This is where it looks like we get the big turn as Satanico is actually finding sympathy in Casas and Santo before he leaves and they are having nothing to do with TB who is still hanging out on the corner. Satanico gets one more cheap shot in and the second fall is underway I guess. The rest of the match has a lot of dilemmas within the teams and the interaction of all the members. Satanico decides he is still going to be satan like and ends up giving Santo a foul at the end so I don’t see him teaming with Santo and Casas and being best buds just yet. Overall, this was really multi layered but a hell of a ride to watch it play out. ***1/4 (6.3)

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-24-CMLL] Tarzan Boy & Negro Casas & Hijo del Santo vs Satanico & Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero