Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-27-WWE-NXT] Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly & Roderick Strong vs Ricochet & Trent Seven & Tyler Bate

MikeCampbell

I liked this a lot more than the title switch in England. The heel control segment on Bate was much better, with the 'Era keeping him in their corner and working over his ribs with both strikes and holds, I haven't seen a shoulder breaker in forever! Ricochet was a great hot tag, showing off his flashy crowd-pleasing offense, his way of avoiding the high/low combo was awesome. O'Reilly's heel mannerisms have been excellent all year, and this was no exception, mocking Moustache Mountain's pose while he worked over Bate, and his reaction when Ricochet stared him down after he saved Cole from getting pinned. Strong and O'Reilly managed to stay on the same page and not hit each other!  The finish is smart for a couple of reasons: Ricochet getting pinned protects the champions going into their title rematch with Strong and O'Reilly, and the manner in which Ricochet winds up losing is due to him losing his cool and diving onto O'Reilly after he broke up the pin, and setting himself up for Strong's ambush, than it is the 'Era being better wrestlers.

Great match. Undisputed Era matches are quickly becoming must-see television as they've been stringing together some of the hottest six and regular tag matches since The Shield's run in 2013. And while we may not have those bonafide classics like the Shield-Wyatts or TLC debut match, the recent string of matches that the Era have had have been absolutely excellent. 

I've been a big fan of O'Reilly since his indie days and I was a huge fan of him during his PWG World Title run as well as his long running feud with Cole in ROH both of which saw mostly as a face. Here as a slimy, skeezy, dork heel, he's pitch perfect. Mocking the Moustache Mountain pose, freaking out at Ricochet's wrath, and his ridiculous stupid belt air guitar. It's all so wonderful. Strong is really good as the muscle that strings together the big moves to help get the Era put their moves together. I thought that Bate and Seven shined as a really great tag team unit with great strikes and some exciting offense. But man, Ricochet as the hot tag? Insane. I've been a skeptic of Ricochet for a while but I think what separates a match like this from the usual PWG six-mans might be something as simple as a well defined heel/face line. It's just easier to get behind a hot tag when there's a babyface against a heel.

Another incredibly strong match on NXT TV from the Undisputed Era and a great continuation of the Era-Mountain feud as well.

****1/4

There seems to be no possible way for a match involving Undisputed Era and Moustache Mountain to not be incredible. Basically a rematch between UE and BSS except Dunne is switched out for Ricochet of all people this time around. Everyone was great here as expected, especially Ricochet who just cleaned house more than once. One of the best NXT TV matches this year at least, ****1/4.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-27-WWE-NXT] Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly & Roderick Strong vs Ricochet & Trent Seven & Tyler Bate