Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-18-NJPW] Hiromu Takahashi vs El Desperado

MoeTWrestling

I enjoyed this a lot more than their BOSJ match. The interference was expected and it about tuned me out of the match but it kicked up a notch after hat and and the level of violence and Despy not giving a shit Hiromu ripped his mask off was awesome. The layout of the finish was great too and the Juniors continue to deliver big. ****1/4

Didn't like this one as much as the BOSJ match, but it was still very good. The opening was very hot with Hiromu using the guitar case as a weapon and dropkicking Desperado into the guardrail, but the crowd brawling segments meandered quite a bit more than their last match. Desperado working over Hiromu's leg was also inconsequential and forgotten rather quickly. Really felt like they were just killing time until Kanemaru tried to interfere and BUSHI misted him, then things really took off. HIromu ripping off Desperado's mask only for Desperado to say "fuck it" and hit him with the belt anyway was great stuff. The last five minutes had some really good intensity and culminated in a satisfying victory for Hiromu with a bit of poetic justice thrown in for good measure.

A bit disjointed but still a very good match. ***3/4-****

• 2 weeks later...

Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I liked this match a lot more than their BOSJ match. While I thought their previous match was good, it was missing the drama to take it to the next level, which they were able to bring this time around. You could argue the overbooking brought the match down, but I would say it did the opposite and really added to the match's intensity. Hiromu was great of course, but Desperado had his best performance ever imo. Hiromu retained, finally getting a win over his upperclassmen, ****1/2.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-18-NJPW] El Desperado vs Hiromu Takahashi