Pro Wrestling Only

[1959-01-30 Steel Belt Wrestling-Buffalo, NY] Dick Beyer & Bobby Brown vs Doc & Mike Gallagher

paul sosnowski

• GSR changed the title to [1959-01-30 Steel Belt Wrestling-Buffalo, NY] Dick Beyer & Bobby Brown vs Doc & Mike Gallagher
  • 5 years later...

Man, what a mindfuck to watch a fully formed southern tag from 1959. Signature spots like ref distractions, double teams, and saves are all present here in basically the same form as you'd get from 80's stuff. About the only sign of this being a 50's match is a body slam being treated like a finishing hold. That aside, I liked this a lot. I usually watch 50's stuff to see guys trading holds, but they did a pretty good job working a striking oriented match. They kept a good pace and all the stuff looked snug. The FIP section was also pretty entertaining due to the guys on the apron being almost as active as the wrestlers in the ring in trying to help their partner. I also liked how the FIP was constantly trying to go back to his corner and needed to be held back by the opposing team.