Pro Wrestling Only

[1967-12-06-JWA] Giant Baba vs Reggie Lisowski

paul sosnowski

• GSR changed the title to [1967-12-06-JWA] Giant Baba vs Reggie Lisowski
  • 2 years later...

NWA International Champion Giant Baba vs Da Crusher - JWA 12/6/67 Two Out Of Three Falls

My new favorite genre is Giant Baba vs. Midwestern blue collar, barroom brawlers. This was a total no holds barred, knock down, drag out fight. There are two holds in the whole match and maybe two moves, it is just asskicking, rip roaring brawling.  I didnt think it was quite as heated and intense as Dick The Bruiser's match with Baba, but this was still pretty damn good. I see there is a Baba & Inoki vs Crusher/Bruiser match that Im hyped for and that this is building to a rematch. 

First Fall: On the first lockup, Crusher goes for the eyes and that sets the tone for the whole match. There are no takedowns. Crusher did a couple dirty headlocks where he wrenched, went for the eyes and throat as the only holds.  This was dirty and filthy as it gets. Baba didnt take shit lying down. After a couple dirty lockups & dirty headlocks, Baba just started jabbing and thumbing the eyes right back. For people that like babyface fighting fire with fire this match is for you. Baba gets just as low-down and dirty as Crusher. They spill to the outside they brawl, a chair or a bench gets slammed. I loved the finish. Crusher PUNTS Baba in the balls in plain view of the ref, bodyslams him and Brusier-esque atomic knee/stomp for the first fall. So there was two more moves in that fall. Great stuff! Crusher 1-0.

Second Fall: In the break, Crusher is hitting the double bicep flex, Crusher looks like million bucks and is stomping Baba in the break. Baba comes ROARING back! I love how heels when they realize they have done gone fucked up as Baba is just SMACKING them around. It spills to the outside. Baba really loves the Bulldog headlock ram into the post, I thought that was going to be the finish, but he aint done he comes back and chops the cut! Baba hits a big boot only gets two and it is a big time dropkick that gets three. This was awesome comeback fall. Baba is such a great come from behind wrestler. Tied 1-1

Third Fall: Baba continues the asskicking until he crashes and burns on the dropkick. Crusher, who is bleeding like a stuck pig now, reaches down into his tight pulls out a pair of knuckledusters and blows Baba away. DOUBLE JUICE! Both men end up STANDING & BANGING! Crusher punching up into the cut and Baba chopping down. They do a good countout tease where Crusher slams Baba's head into the announce table. Titles can change hands on countout in Japan so that had some heat to it. Baba's bowing up, bring it on gesture back in the ring made the crowd and me come alive! Crusher went back to the knux to get the advantage Baba sold great. Ref refuses to count. Crusher beats Baba to a bloody pulp. When the ref tries to intervene, Crusher rips his shirt and throws him out of the ring to trigger the DQ. Awesome third fall to set up the rematch. 

Double juice, stand up brawl with ballshots, chops to the head and brass knuckles what more do you want? ****