Pro Wrestling Only

[1978-08-28-WWWF-MSG, NY] Dusty Rhodes vs Billy Graham (Bullrope, No DQ)

paul sosnowski

• GSR changed the title to [1978-08-28-WWWF-MSG, NY] Dusty Rhodes vs Billy Graham (Bullrope, No DQ)
  • 5 years later...

Superstar Billy Graham vs Dusty Rhodes - WWF MSG 8/28/78 Texas Bullrope

Billy Graham is on the Superstar jobbing tour since nobody could have a chance to beat him in 1977. He takes losses to Dusty, Bruno and Backlund all in short order as he is leaving the territory.

I would’ve watched this on the Dusty Rhodes WWE DVD but have no recollection not even Chief Jay Strongbow as the ref. I enjoyed this match but I prefer Bruno as a Graham opponent. Pretty standard shine. Graham wouldn’t put the Bullrope on as Strongbow is trying to corral him Dusty blasts him with the bell. It is bell shots, Elbows, Graham trying to run away. Graham gets a rope rake to the eyes. Chokes with the rope, hits Dusty with the bell to trigger double juice. The Bearhug is the climax of the heat segment. Bionic Elbow breaks the hold. Graham tries to go up top Dusty yanks him down. Bell and elbow shots do Superstar in. Strongbow constantly trying to intercede gives Dusty the opening to blast Graham out of the ring into next week to win by countout/knockout.

It is fun stuff but I thought they could have capitalized on the high spots to build more momentum it was a lot of start-stop. Superstar & Dusty is always fun. ***