Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-07-28-NJPW-G1 Climax 28] SANADA vs Kenny Omega

nivvad

I decided to rewatch this match as the rating I gave this match was probably a bit lower than I really thought it was because it was on the same show as Ibushi vs Ishii, so of course I was going to compare the quality in the two matches. With time passed though, I can safely say that this match is actually quite better on the rewatch. It isn't as athletically amazing as the SANADA vs Ibushi match, but I can still feel that SANADA and Kenny had a different yet still very good chemistry in their own match. They had a match last year that I thought was very good, but didn't exactly live up to standards. This year though they definitely killed it in an awesome G1 main event. Even if SANADA lost, there's still no doubt in everyone's mind that he can hang with the New Japan main eventers, ****1/2.

Edited by nivvad

I liked this a lot and I think it really highlights SANADA's development as a singles wrestler. As someone who never really got the hype surrounding him other than having a good look, he's consistently delivered this year and proven he can hang at a main event level with the company's best.