Pro Wrestling Only

Kurt Angle = GONE~!

Guest Alfdogg

Guest Alfdogg

Angle released

Aug. 25, 2006

Due to personal issues Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future.

The only gold medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle arrived in 1999 and quickly became one of the most decorated champions in sports-entertainment history. "The Wrestling Machine" is not only a six-time World Champion, but also held the Intercontinental Championship, Tag Team Championship and won the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. Recently joining ECW, Angle?s unmatched intensity was rivaled only by his technical and athletic in-ring prowess.

Holy crap.

Guest teke184

Maybe this was one of these situations where they said "Look, get your shit together and you can come back. Otherwise, die while you're NOT on the company payroll."

That particular situation happened with Kerry Von Erich in the early 90s.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Probably for the best. The guy sounded like he was physically deteriorating at a Dynamite Kid-like speed and had become big with the politicking.

Guest The Man in Blak

I haven't kept track of wrestling for awhile, but I'm guessing that this is drug related, since Angle was still considered to be a top performer (and there's no way in hell that they would release him otherwise)?

Guest savagerulz

We all knew what was coming. Hopefully he'll get straightened out and finally give his body the break it so desperately needs and be a main eventer again instead of a tragedy.

Guest DylanWaco

Pretty stunning development. It will be interesting to see if their is a no compete clause in his contract and if Angle would be even remotely interested in working elsewhere.

Angle strikes me as the sort that he is so stubborn that he wouldn't leave on his own and may decide to try and go elsewhere just to stick it to Vince and "prove" he's okay.

Angle working someone like KENTA in ROH would probably result in the most humorous IWC threads and fantasies ever.

I had a sick thought: Vince fired Angle knowing he's got THE SICKNESS and would take an offer to work for TNA or ROH or some random indy so he can die on their watch.

Can't you just see the DVD now? JR and Vince with their kayfabe-breaking voices talking about how working for Company X was a sad end for Kurt since they just didn't have the resources to help?

Guest CanadianChick

Man reading over other threads I can't believe that people are STILL in fucking denial over how messed up Angle is.

What board? Not many people have acted like he's fine and dandy of the threads I've read...

Man reading over other threads I can't believe that people are STILL in fucking denial over how messed up Angle is.

What board? Not many people have acted like he's fine and dandy of the threads I've read...
I know over at DVDVR it seemed like half the posts in the thread about it were of the "OMG NOW HE CAN GO TO ROH AND FIGHT AMDRAG~!" variety. About a quarter of the rest were of the "you don't know how bad of shape Angle's in despite all the reports of WWE fearing for the man's well being" sort.

I wasn't brave enough to even bother with the RoH boards. I imagine it's just 10 pages of "OMG ANGLE VS. DANIELSON."

Pretty much. There are bits of me and Naylor trying to bring some sanity, but it's shouted down by all sorts of "DO U NO HIM R U HIS DOCTOR"

Guest savagerulz

Alvarez today:

For those that have heard the stories, I can confirm that WWE made some requests to Kurt Angle regarding how to handle his issues and he refused, thus the firing. This is your standard firing, meaning he likely has a 90-day no compete and then can go wherever he wants, including TNA or Japan. We will have a TON of news on this situation in the new issue of Figure Four that will come out Tuesday. There is way more than meets the eye in all the WWE.com stories from the past few days