Pro Wrestling Only

Thoughts on the following wrestlers - 12/04

Loss

Dusty Rhodes - I love a bit of Dusty, and consider his articulate Texas driven promos to be the best anyone has ever done. He isn't great in the ring, and I can't get into much of his stuff that doesn't involve Flair or tag team partners, and his WWF run is cringe worthy. Still, I consecutively watched all his promos on his DVD a few weeks back, and it was the most fun I'd had watching wrestling in about a year. Awesome, awesome interviews.

Jim Breaks - One of the best heels ever, no doubt about it, and you enjoy it even more if you live in England and thus can relate to all the people. Watching him insult a crowd is better than any Davey Richards match, ever, and he wasn't half bad in the ring either, from what I can gather from the bits and pieces of WOS I've seen him in.

CM Punk - Decent enough wrestler, who probably deserves his push as he's one of the better characters WWE have got. I like his serious, intense promos, but I hate his big bravado promos. His DBDIII interview which people were calling one of the best ever, was decidedly underwhelming and copied. Good ring worker from his ROH days, but haven't seen any of his WWE run.

Randy Savage - Good ring worker who could keep up with the best workers of the day, but was rarely the best worker in the matches he had with them. Hated his promos, but could mix it up in a veriety of different styles in the ring, and was really the predeccesor to small guys, more than Michaels or Benoit were. Like him, but wouldn't buy his DVD.

Atlantis- One of my favorite luchadores. After I do the El Dandy set, I seriously have to look into doing an Atlantis primer. Do you hear that, Jose???

That's going to be a great project.

Will, go and watch Atlantis vs. Dandy and make us anxious to get the DVD's.

Total letdown. The entire thing goes less than ten minutes. This is a "lets progress the storyline" match... not a "let the wrestling tell the story" type of match. Do NOT be hyped up for this match.