Pro Wrestling Only

Hell freezes over...

goodhelmet

You decide...

From this week's Observer...

"...Russo and Cornette are working together after being brought together by Jarrett and Dutch Mantel. Starting with the tapings on 12/11, Cornette has been inolved in creative. Cornette helps produce a lot of the interview segments and attends the production meetings.

Well, on one hand, I don't blame him if he really needs the paycheck and bygones should be bygones. On the other, can you really believe Cornette has any conviction left? first Heyman, now Russo?

Next... Ed Ferrara!!!

The Observer also says that when Cornette openly questions it when segments he is in make no sense, Russo sits there and takes it but is also not happy that he's being questioned.

Well, on one hand, I don't blame him if he really needs the paycheck and bygones should be bygones. On the other, can you really believe Cornette has any conviction left? first Heyman, now Russo?

I doubt Cornette is staying because he needs the paycheck, such as it is. Cornette was open about his reasons for going to TNA, in that he saw it as his chance to bow out on a national stage in a positive manner rather than how he was used in WWE on-screen. His feelings about Russo haven't changed, and I don't think he's going against anything he's said in the past about Russo. Cornette wants his last national role to be something positive and to that end he's willing to put aside his feelings towards Russo so that he can go out as something more than a comedy figure. He's clearly holding to his convictions and not sitting there and just taking the paycheck because he's very open about his segments making sense and making it clear when he feels they aren't. If he was keeping quiet and just going along with what Russo was writing, then he'd be betraying his convictions.

Everyone doubts it, but I guess it's possible Russo's new attitude could be legit and he's not a gigantic asshole anymore.

Still, it does say a lot about Cornette where he seemingly goes against his beliefs all the time these days.

Russo's attitude hasn't changed. The Observer also stated that Russo is constantly being told that he's writing too much for a one-hour show and that they always have to edit his stuff to fit into the show, and Russo's response is to ignore what everyone is saying.

I've already said that I don't think Cornette is going against his beliefs. He's open with his concerns and objections when thing don't make sense. Cornette is putting aside his feelings for Russo, but he's not going back on them or how he feels.