Pro Wrestling Only

1986 Matches

jdw

The Ricky Morton stuff I chalk up to another case of Scott Keith bullshit. One of his go-to catchphrases in a tag match would be to describe the guy taking a beating as "playing Ricky Morton" which from the first time I saw it made me wonder if he ever watched a Rock n' Rolls match. I watched many a match on TBS and it was almost always Robert taking the beating and Ricky getting the hot tag. I considered the RnR's the greatest tag team of all time, if for no other reason they managed to get nuclear heat, be teenage heart throbs, and main event cards while being 180 pound rednecks with mullets and potbellies. Neither one really were all that great at promos, but they managed to work a crowd like no one else could (at the time). Everyone knows the matches with the Midnights, but they have great matches with the Andersons and the Russians for the tag titles that are just as good if not better.

Bumping this since Dylan mentioned at DVDVR that *I* said Ricky Morton was weak on the mic. I said no such thing.

Note the author.

:)