SuperBrawl III

Spring Stampede 1994

Great American Bash 1996

Bash at the Beach 1996

Starrcade 1996

Halloween Havoc 1997

Spring Stampede 1999

I whole heartedly agree with and support the following:

Wrestle War 1992: Seriously great War Games match that brings the whole Dangerous Alliance angle to a brutal, beautiful end. Plus the Steiners arbitrarily roughing up the Japanese, a good Brian Pillman vs. Z-Man match and a Freebirds vs. Terry Taylor & Greg Valentine match I always liked for no particular reason.

Beach Blast 1992: One of the best cards ever as Rick Rude vs. Rick Steamboat do the best 30:00 iron man match ever (and for me personally, the best match ever in the genre), Sting vs. Cactus Jack do a really good brawl around ringside, Doc & Gordy vs. the Steiners for another 30:00, Scotty Flamingo vs. Brian Pillman and one more great Dangerous Alliance tag match for old time's sake.

SuperBrawl III: Generally speaking I advocate tracking down the trimmed two hour Turner Home Entertainment versions but SB III is a rare example of the PPV version having a lot of great stuff that hit the editing room floor on video. Rock n Roll Express vs. Heavenly Bodies; Paul Orndorff vs. Cactus Jack; Chris Benoit vs. Too Cold Scorpio; Sting vs. Vader are all good-to-great, plus Barry Windham finally winning the World Title and an early Brian Pillman/Steve Austin tag match.

Spring Stampede 1994: Vader vs. Bossman; Flair vs. Steamboat; Sting vs. Rude; Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne vs. the Nasty Boys street fight. Seriously, who could ask for anything more. Great something-for-everyone card that actually has several things for most people.

Great American Bash 1996: Steven Regal vs. Sting; Mysterio debuts vs. Malenko; Chris Benoit vs. Kevin Sullivan in a match that set the stage for really an entire genre of sports entertainment hardcore matches make this an easy thumbs up show. Some of the undercard isn't exactly great matches, but it's a thoroughly entertaining top to bottom card.

I don't know how far back you consider to be "WCW" but the 2-hour version of Capital Combat '90 is pretty bitchin also with a good Rock n Roll Express vs. Freebirds match, an awesome Midnight Express vs. Pillman & Z-Man match, a good Doom vs. Steiners match and a really good Flair vs. Luger cage match before the foolishness. On the T.H.E. version, the Robocop stuff is downplayed and it comes off as a really good show.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...