Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-01-12-EMLL] Aguilita Solitaria & La Aranita & Mascarita Sagrada vs Espectrito & Pequeno Goliath & Piratita Morgan

Jetlag

Minis get to stretch out for 3 long falls and do their thing and the result is accordingly good. Lots of fun matwork and armdrags ensue. Pequeno Goliath carries himself with some amazing swagger. The standout was obviously Mascarita Sagrada who just does amazing stuff. Lots of complex sequences built around whacky armdrag variations. I liked how the rudos would continue with their tactics throughout the 3rd fall, building to another great technico comeback. They tease a big Espectrito/Mascarita showdown which is the hottest matchup here but end the match a little prematurely. Still, nothing to complain when you get 20+ minutes of quality lucha.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1990-01-12-EMLL] Aguilita Solitaria & La Aranita & Mascarita Sagrada vs Espectrito & Pequeno Goliath & Piratita Morgan
  • 2 months later...

Even the minis got to rule it in 1990. CMLL truly was top banana that year. And this had a bit of everything; neat matwork, fun brawling, quick exchanges, some comedy, and it got plenty of time to boot. Espectrito really feels like one of the most underrated wrestlers ever. He's an incredible rudo base and the pairing with Mascarita Sagrada is an all-time great minis match-up. They had a ton of awesome stuff together here, like Sagrada using Espectrito's back as a launchpad into a tricked out armdrag, about six hundred other armdrag variations, Espectrito military pressing Sagrada and chucking him onto the top turnbuckle, cool rope running sequences where they incorporated one or both of the other rudos, just a highlight reel of awesome moments (even with a couple minor hiccups). They didn't work exclusively with each other either so we got Sagrada turning Piratita Morgan inside out and Espectrito bullying some guy in a Spider-Man getup. La Aranita is the Spider-Man in question and I'm wondering if CMLL didn't cop some shit for that because it's pretty much a carbon copy of the costume. I don't think I've actually seen him before but he was pretty slick and matched up nicely with all three rudos. Pequeno Goliath was responsible for most of the comedy, lots of stooging and miscommunication stuff, bits where he can't move quick enough to keep up with the faster tecnicos, a few comedy bumps and temper tantrums. Of all six he's the one who you probably could've slotted into a WWF minis match most easily (not that I imagine the other five would've found it difficult). Really fun match.