Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-01-26-DDT] Sanshiro Takagi & Hikaru Sato vs Akito & Yukio Sakaguchi

aaeo_

Just as I am about to be done with my DDT Universe binge watch, they've started uploading missing shows from 2014. This match is good in paper and in reality! Sato and Sakaguchi have some heated exchanges. Sakaguchi gets the better of Sato and from there, him and Akito work his leg over. Sato's selling during this part of the match is great, it's just very desperate and imbues this midcard tag with a lot of drama. The Takagi hot tag is surprisingly good. He dragon screws Akito and Sakaguchi! I forgot he even did that. Sakaguchi is also a lot more spry here, and he gets a sick rear-naked choke on Takagi to stop his momentum. Sato doesn't sell the leg as well after tagging back in, but there's still a lot of drama when Akito sinks in the ankle lock on him. Sato wins with the armbar.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2014-01-26-DDT] Sanshiro Takagi & Hikaru Sato vs Akito & Yukio Sakaguchi
  • 8 months later...

This was an awesome match. What Takagi lacked in technical skill compared to the others, he more than made up in charisma and impactful offence. His presence made him a highlight in a match where he could’ve easily been a non factor in. The exchanges between Sato and Sakaguchi were great. Both from an MMA background and putting it to great use here. Akito is a superb technical, wrestler as well and fit in just fine on the mat with Sato. Great match. ****